[8] Tears Don't Fall

EIGHT:

© All Rights Reserved - 2011 S. M. Palmer

I LOOKED BETWEEN JESSICA AND Jaden. 'Now, here's another question, is it really Jaden's baby?' I thought. "Is this baby really Jaden's baby?" I asked.

"Yes, honey."

My heart skipped two beats. Jessica left the room and it was replaced with Zelda, Jason, and Addison. "Momma!" Zelda yelled, jumping onto my hospital bed and giving me a big hug. My body was still shocked by the news Jessica just told me. I snapped out of it when Zel kissed my cheek. "I love you, Momma."

"I love you too, Zel. How about you go sit with Jaden on the couch."

"Okay, Momma."

She jumped off the bed and went to sit next to Jaden. He got up from the couch and came over to me. "Maci, this is great news. I'm going to be daddy to my unborn child."

"I know."

He kissed my forehead and then Jason came over. "So, how come you were having those sharp pains?"

"I'm pregnant," I replied, a little nervous of his reaction.

"Congrats, Mace," he congratulated. "That's exciting news."

"You're not mad? It's not your baby."

"Of course I'm not mad. I'm proud of you. You've moved on."

"Thanks, Jason."

He kissed my cheek and I smiled at him. I looked over at Zelda and I noticed Addison was doing something that made Zelda laugh. "Wow, Zelda really likes Addison," I replied, looking back at my Baby Daddy.

He looked over at them and smiled. "Yes, she does."

Six hours later, they released me. We drove home in silence; considering Zelda fell asleep along with Addison. When we got home, Jason switched Addison from my truck to his truck. He then carried Zelda inside and upstairs to her room. Jaden helped me sit down on the couch.

Jason came back downstairs. "Well, I better head out. I'll talk to y'all later."

"Okay. Bye, Jason."

He kissed my cheek and then left out the front door. "Babe, now we have to tell the parentals. My parents are going to freak."

"Baby, it's not that bad."

"It's not that bad? Jaden, we had sex three different times and now I'm pregnant. And I do remember getting pregnant at thirteen and when I told my parents then they freaked. So, now five and a half years later I'm going to come to them again and announce I'm pregnant once again."

"Well, your mom's been there since Zelda was a little baby and she's seen how mature you are with her. Now you're eighteen and she'll now you're mature enough to handle another baby."

"Ugh. I'm going to lay down."

"Okay," he answered. "I love you."

"I love you too."

I pecked him on the lips and then went upstairs.

[Jaden's POV:]

She went upstairs and I sat on the couch and flipped the TV on. 'Am I ready to be a daddy at nineteen? I mean we just graduated from high school a few months ago! But, I promise to stay with her through her pregnancy and after the baby is born. Since I love her so much' I thought.

That night, I remember falling asleep on the couch.

{Wednesday, December 15, 2010}

When I awoke the next morning, Jaden wasn't next to me. 'That's odd.' I went downstairs and found him downstairs asleep on the couch. I chuckled to myself and then went over to the couch and poked his arm. His eyes snapped open and the next thing I knew I was underneath him. "Well, good morning to you too," I said.

"Morning. How'd you sleep last night?"

"Good."

"Good."

He bent down and kissed my cheek. He got off me and helped me up. That's when Zelda came bouncing downstairs. "Good morning, Momma."

"Morning, baby. How'd you sleep?"

"Good. Momma, are you really having another baby?" Zelda asked me.

"Yes, honey, I am."

"Am I going to be a big sister?"

"Yes."

"Yay!"

///SIX MONTHS LATER\\\

{Wednesday, June 15, 2010}

I sat on the porch examining my belly. My belly's huge. Last month I went to go find out the sex of the baby. I'm having a baby boy. Jaden and I still have to figure out a name for him. I really like the name Liam for a boy's name, but I don't think Jaden will like it. Him and I still have to discuss the baby's name.

That's when Zelda came bouncing outside. "Hi, Momma."

"Hi, baby."

Zelda sat next to me. "Momma, your tummy's huge."

"I know."

"Momma, how are babies made?" Zelda asked me.

A small gasp escaped my mouth. "Oh, honey, well.  .  ."

That's when weight gained onto the swing. "What are we talking about, ladies?" Jaden asked.

"How babies are made," Zelda answered cheerfully.

"I'm going back in," Jaden informed, getting up to go inside.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him back down. "Baby, help me out," I replied.

"Fine."

We sat out there for the next thirty minutes explaining to Zelda how babies were made. (We didn't explain every single detail. We just told that when a man and woman love each other, they spend the night together and that's how a baby is made). By the time we finished, she went inside disgusted. We even heard her mumble, "I am never having kids."

We chuckled. "So, babe," I informed, "we need to start picking out a name for the baby. And I think I've found the perfect name for our son but I don't think you'll like it."

"What is it?"

"Liam," I answered.

"I've always loved that name," he replied. "I wish my mom named me that. Now we just need to think of a middle name for him."

"Um, what about Carlson?" I asked, glancing up at him.

"No, I don't like that name," he answered as he rubbed my stomach. "What about Grayson?"

"I don't like that name," I answered. "We have to remember this is our son and he's going to have this name for the rest of her life, so we need to pick one we like."

"Charles?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

I shook my head. "Matthew?" He tried again.

I shook my head again. "Frank?" He tried again.

"Um, no," I answered. "That sounds like a guy who rapes little kids."

He sighed. "Mitch?" He tried once again.

"No," I answered. "We need one that'll just click, y'know."

"Michael," we suddenly answered in unison.

We smiled at each other and then rubbed my stomach. "Hi, Liam Michael, we can't wait until we get to meet you," we answered in unison as we rubbed my belly. "I love you," he replied, pecking my lips.

"I love you too," I answered when he pulled away.