Chapter 20

Aspens POV

As I made my way through the loud chaotic hallways of derry high I felt someone bump there shoulder against my own. Assuming it was Ivy, I turned, ready to ask if mom gave her my lunch money. Reggie had insisted on walking her to class this morning, even carried her backpack for her (gag) even after my protests. To my surprise it wasn't her, it was the blonde who always seemed to be with him. My face fell terrified that he was just as sick and twisted as his friend Patrick and ready to show me something equally as disgusting as the fridge.

"What do you want?" I snapped, clutching my books closer to my chest, ready to run, or punch him in the face, whichever best fit the situation. "Geez why're you so on edge, sweetheart?" He mockingly laughed, tossing his hands up in surrender. "Don't call me that" I grumbled, making my way to my locker and putting the combination into the lock. "Pat was right, you are aggressive." He smirked, learning against the wall at my side. I rolled my eyes so hard it made my head hurt.

"Just because my sister likes your friend doesn't mean I want your attention." I huffed, shoving my books down into my backpack. The blonde didn't seem fazed by my disinterest, simply laughing it off. "Maybe I want your attention." He shrugged, trailing at my side as I made my way to the library. "Trust me you don't."

Despite my clear annoyance from his presence he continued to trail me, even as I began looking through the sleeves of books. "So uh how you liking derry so far?" He questioned, pulling out a random book and pretending to read the back cover as he awaited my answer. "I'd like it a lot more if there weren't so many creeps." I replied, refusing to even look his way.

"Why did Patrick freak you out? He told me you hung out. You shouldn't about him, he's just a freak." He chuckled, tapping a knuckle against the book in his hands. Another eye roll. "He's more then a freak. And I'm betting if he's your friend then you are to so if you could kindly screw off would appreciate it." I growled, shoving the novel I held harshly into the boys chest.

He leaned in, the action catching me off guard making me drop my arm. "I'm not like him, alright? Maybe I just like you. Wanted to get to know you." It was clear he was trying to flirt, but I was still incredibly unsure of him. "I'm not that interesting. Get to know someone else." He put a hand up and clutched his chest, as if my words had wounded him. "Don't say that, doll. I think your interesting." God the boys in this town are truly relentless.

Sighing I turned myself towards him. "Seriously dude, what do you want? Cause if your doing all this to get me to sleep with you, your dreaming." A hurt look took over his innocent looking features. "Ouch, sweetheart. That's really what you think I'm here for? That hurts." He pouted, a real genuine looking pout. I couldn't help but feel a tinge of guilt, maybe he really did just want to get to know me.

I nervously tucked some hair behind my ear, swallowing hard against my dry mouth as I tried to think of something to say, anything to say. "I'm sorry, ok? Patrick just really freaked me out on the junkyard and-" I quickly cut myself off before I got the chance to say anything about the fridge, that dog forsaken fridge. I shuttered hard at the thought of it, the movement not going I noticed by the blonde.

"You don't have to talk about it, I know Patrick can be-" he stopped as if trying his hardest to think of a good word to describe his dark haired counterpart.
"-Scary. But I not him." His fingertips found my four head, brushing stray hairs away from my eyes as he examined me, his gaze making me feel suddenly self conscious. "Now can you drop the emo loner act and let me walk you to class?"