34. soju bottoms up

every little glance my way, every
time you wanted to hang. you
seemed so interested—could you
tell me,was it real or was it all
in my head ?

"doesn't it ever get awkward knowing that kyorin has to be inserted into a friend group with jay's ex?" nari asked, hanging up decorations in jake's home for the halloween party

"doesn't it ever get awkward knowing that kyorin has to be inserted into a friend group with jay's ex?" nari asked, hanging up decorations in jake's home for the halloween party. it was a thought that's been in her head for a while but she hasn't acted upon asking her best friend just yet.

jake thought long and hard while he shared glances with sunghoon who paused from blowing up balloons. he shrugged, "hoon and i don't see any problems, except with jina,"

"oh yeah, how the hell are you dating that dog? i love girls supporting girls but she cannot stop butting her nose into kyorin's business," yoojin sneered as she peered from the garage as she was setting up the game tables.

"i don't know and to be fair, i could care less. she isn't my girlfriend anymore," sunghoon sighed, causing jake's eyes to widen. yoojin froze in place with the stack of red solo cups in her hand.

"what? since when?" jake questioned, handing nari tape for the streamers. nari had a shocked look on her face as she taped the streamers against the wall.

sunghoon and jina were known to have been dating since middle school so the words that come out of his mouth were surprising to those in the room.

"what do you mean isn't your girlfriend? what the fuck?" heeseung asked as he carried in snacks for the tables. the boy nearly dropped the whole bag of candy on the table as he questioned sunghoon.

"she just doesn't seem to be that interested. i broke it off before she could because she was probably just in it for the status," sunghoon shrugged, going back to blowing balloons, "i don't need a girlfriend anyways,"

nari glanced at yoojin who was busy hiding her smile. she looked at jake who shared the same mischievous smile. it was obvious to anyone but sunghoon that yoojin was interested in him.

as much as yoojin joked about being kyorin's sister in law and marrying kijung, she knew that crush was always going to be one sided. but with sunghoon, she felt like she had a chance.

"well, that means there's gonna be two pairs of exes in the friend group! that's fucking lovely, isn't it?" heeseung joked as he opened up one of the bag of chips he brought in.

nari pinned a jack-o-lantern balloon onto the wall above the archway into the kitchen. she thought it would've been awkward but she assumed it was only awkward if they made it feel that way.

"how many people do you think are coming?" nari asked jake, climbing down from the small ladder.

jake shrugged, "i never know who's coming,"

***

jay stared at himself in the mirror and had a jar of gel in his hands. beside his mirror was his laptop on his desk with a picture of robin pulled up on the screen. the boy was dress in his robin costume but the only difficult part was trying to fix his hair to look like his.