05. use your head

"but you're all it takes for me to
break a promise; silly me to fall
in love with you."

          kyorin's eyes widened as her and jay walked down the stairs together, hand-in-hand

          kyorin's eyes widened as her and jay walked down the stairs together, hand-in-hand. she had not realized how soft to the touch they felt. the red string had connected itself at the touch of each other's hand, allowing for the soft, shimmering glow to show between them, "do we have to hold hands? literally no one's around."

          jay paused at her question and turned to look at kyorin with a blank expression, "you have to play the role even when others aren't around, babe." he spoke with a small chuckle.

          kyorin stifled a laugh while making a grossed out expression, giving a gag for extra show, "don't call me that, it's weird coming out of your mouth."

          jay rolled his eyes playfully, "whatever, don't get use to it."

          kyorin tries to pull her hand away from his, but it's to no use as he doesn't let go. jay stops at this once more, "what the hell are you doing?"

          he only looks back at her with yet another 'duh' expression that mixed with 'what the fuck'. for a split second, kyorin rubs her forehead in contemplation, trying to understand when the light bulb above her head went off.

          kyorin's jaw drops, "wait, you're serious? you wanna start now?"

         at her clear shock, jay could only look at her in confusion. he could not understand what the brunette in front of him was talking about, "yeah? why not?"

          the brunette looked around in disbelief before looking down, hand on her forehead in disbelief. she looked up at jay using her hands as a guide to clear the confusion as she spoke, "you and chaerin broke up literally last friday. don't you think it's weird if we just randomly started 'dating'." she didn't think their dating right after his breakup would make either look good.

          it took a while for it to hit jay to realize what she had been talking about. his ears had turned red before he rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. he had wanted to get the plan over with as soon as possible so he didn't realize how obvious it would've seemed, and now he was more embarrassed than before.

          kyorin shook her head as she continued to go down the spiral of stairs, her hand on the railing slowly retracting). she stuck both hands into her pockets, looking down at her steps down the stairs. jay followed suit just steps behind her, "cut me some slack, i didn't think of that."

"mhm, maybe you should use your head next time." kyorin replies, snickering as she goes down the stairs at a faster pace. the boy stood in place, tightening the clench of his jaw in annoyance. sighing, he swipes at his nose, placing his hands at his hips and begins thinking about the girl who slowly became a dot in his vision as she crept down the stairs.