30. drivin' you insane

as much as it seems like
you own my heart; it's
astronomy, we're two
worls apart.

"one chai tea and iced americano for jay!" the younger girl behind the table called out

"one chai tea and iced americano for jay!" the younger girl behind the table called out. the sight before him was more than baffling and stirred unwanted feelings in his stomach. he crept up to the front to collect the drinks. he bowed his head, muttering a thank you to her.

jake and sunghoon held their own drinks in their hands, making small comments about the drink. sunghoon smacked his lips together obnoxiously, "you know, this hits better when you've done so much in a day,"

"you mean fall on your ass?" jake snicked, taking a sip of his iced americano. sunghoon was about to retaliate about the earlier occurance of him tripping and falling on his face during practice, until he received a message.

yoojin
06:39pm

we're here ! do we just
wait in line?

nah we'll come get you

alr ! thank you !

"ah, yoojin just said nari and her are out in the front. should we go get them?" sunghoon read out loud. jake nodded excited, wanting to see nari as soon as possible but jay stood there quietly. the pair stared at him in awe, and decided that it was just going to be them.

"aye, jay!" jake tapped on jay's shoulder, knocking him out of his trance. he startledly snapped his head towards jake, "you alright? you're in a daze again,"

"yeah, i'm fine! i'm trying to find kyorin but i think i just have to walk around to find her," jay lied, knowing where kyorin was. he nudged jake with his elbow, "go pick up your girlfriend and bring sunghoon with you. i'll be fine!"

sunghoon stared at him weirdly, "okay then, we'll be right back then,"

jay watched his friends walk towards the direction they first came from before walking into the direction that he saw kyorin in. his heart was pounding against his chest, fearing for what he might be stumbling upon. he watched the guy remove his hand from the brunette to pat her head just for her to laugh and sway his hand away.

just before he got close enough for kyorin to notice, jay smiled. he held the drinks up a bit as kyorin took notice of his presence, "you're here!"

"and with my angel's favorite drink," jay replied to her eagerness. he watched as her eyes lit up with excitement. she got up to walk around the table to grab the drink from his hands. she extended her free arm to wrap around his waist in an effort to greet him with a hug.