22. what you need

and i can see us twisted in
bedsheets. august slipped
away like a bottle of wine.
'cause you were never mine.

she always found herself coming to the same 24hour cafe after the first time she ran in here crying

she always found herself coming to the same 24hour cafe after the first time she ran in here crying. something about the place was calming and it was peaceful to sit there in silence. some days, kyorin came by to study but on a gloomy day like this one, she decided relaxing there with a cup of coffee was better.

the trickling sounds of the rain hitting the ground outside accompanied the music of the cafe. kyorin always sat in the same booth by the window, watching random videos on her phone if she wasn't busy watching the crowd walk by.

it was a day of her own where she didn't have to deal with friends and family. she didn't have to pretend to be someone else because she was just on her own. kyorin liked to think of it as a day where she can unwind after all of her long periods of stress. she scrolled past more videos on her phone, when someone shifted onto the seat in front of her.

"fancy seeing you here again, ms. eun." kyorin looked up and smiled at the sight of the familiar face.

"why hello to you too, mr. na." kyorin stifled a laugh. he placed his latte onto the table and removed his bag from his shoulders to place it next to him.

"what brings you here? missed me?" jaemin teased, making kyorin roll her eyes.

"oh you wish, you sound like someone i know. that's like the complete opposite of why i'm here," kyorin groaned, leaning back into her seat. she switched her phone off and flipped it over on the table.

jaemin pressed his lips into a line, "well i did ask what you were doing here, didn't i?"

"well if you really want to know, i just needed to get away from everyone and everything. i don't know how you managed to get to college, this shit is just hard and complicated," kyorin admitted, a grimace forming on her face. studying with friends for tests and having to participate in her fake act was draining to say the least.

jaemin took a sip of his drink before curling his lips into a smile, "i don't suppose it's that hard? i mean what's the worse thing you could have on your plate right now?"

"you'd be surprised and probably wouldn't want to believe me if I told you," kyorin leaned back into the booth. a pout formed at the lips which cause jaemin to raise an eyebrow of interest.

"enlighten me, it can't be that bad," jaemin replied, crossing his arms over his chest. this time, kyorin raised her eyebrow intrigued. she leaned against the table with her arms crossed. she rested her arms on the table with jaemin imitating her body language. with their faces just a few inches a part, jaemin grinned.