21. iced ankle tape

your demons i won't meet,
now someone else's word to
keep. i'm sure she's beautiful
and sweet. not what i wanted,
but what we need.

kyorin winced at the sight of jay being wheeled towards her

kyorin winced at the sight of jay being wheeled towards her. he was red with somewhat embarrassment and anger. he avoided eye contact with kyorin and he refused to utter a word. kyorin thanked her classmate for wheeling him to her and she took the handles and pushed him forward.

out of respect, the crowd in the bleachers cheered for jay. to jay, it felt embarrassing to be wheeled out like this.

kyorin could feel his anger from behind him, "you did pretty good,"

"that was embarrassing," jay bluntly said.

the tone in his voice surprised kyorin. after a while, jay dropped the serious tone and out came his enthusiastic self whenever he was around her. hearing the familiar tone made her frown, "it can't be that bad. besides, i think you did that other guy worse."

"i guess but its the first game you've came to see me play in and this happens?" jay sighed while covering his eyes. kyorin laughed at the embarassed boy in front of her. she reached the classroom that held all of the sports medicine tools. unlocking the door, she wheeled jay in and gestured for him to sit on the bed by the wall.

jay casually limped on over while kyorin grabbed the supplies to wrap his ankle, "pick a color,"

"green," jay replied, letting himself lay back onto the stiff bed. he stared up the ceiling, listening to kyorin open and close drawers, "you know, i should injure myself often. being in here with you is nice,"

"i would rather choke myself and die than have to wrap your ankle every time you came in here," kyorin responded, sitting herself in the small swivel chair in front of the bed, "take off your shoe, i'm not doing it for you."

"wow, so demanding. what's got you so upset, angel?" jay asked, slipping his shoe off along with his sock.

kyorin shook her head, "someone's ex girlfriend wanted to sit next to me but then someone got injured,"

jay pursed his lips. her name was like a sore in kyorin's mouth that she could never get rid of no matter how much salt water you'd use to rinse it through, "she usually never comes,"

kyorin flat smiled, letting her cheeks to puff up, "well i guess that means our plan is working i suppose,"

her fingers had worked their magic as she wrapped his ankle with the athletic tape provided. although some movements caused little pain, she knew jay wasn't too seriously injured. minimal movement was still best for him so she knew how to wrap him up nicely, "try flexing your foot towards the sky and point your toe,"

he had followed their girl's words and found his foot barely moving with the tape around it, "i think this is fine, thanks kyo,"

kyorin nodded and before jay could stand up, she pushed him back onto the hard cushion of the bed. she gave her a what the hell are you doing look which confused jay, "i need to give you ice, don't go yet,"

"someone needs attention?" jay teased, earning an eye roll from the brunette. he sat up and started wriggling his eyebrows at her. kyorin took one look at the boy seated behind her.

"you know what? get it yourself, bitch." kyorin said, throwing the empty ice bag and scooper to jay. startled but caught it, he looked at kyorin and rolled his eyes.

the boy got up from the bed and made his way towards the ice machine. the sounds of the cabinet doors opening and closing was the only thing filling up the empty room. although they were getting closer, awkward moments like these still eat at them. as he tied his ice bag closed, he looked over his shoulder to find kyorin waiting for him. she sat on the little swivel chair, playing with the strings of the hoodie. her mouth gave a little pout and she was fixated on the drawstrings.

a small grew on his lips that he soon wiped away, realizing the sight shouldn't make him feel any way. he cleared his throat and held the bag of ice. the loud thud of the lid closing startled the brunette, earning a chuckle to escape jay's lips.

"ready now?" kyorin asked.

"yeah, i think i did a pretty good job tying it," jay said, raising up his ice bag. as he showed it off, kyorin's scoffed.

"it's gonna open up if you don't tie it nicely, idiot. do you wish for ice to get all over the field?" kyorin snatched the ice bag from him.

he blinked profusely before adding a slight smirk to his face, "if it means you can come on field for me, yes

"oh shut up, i wouldn't even get on that field even if you paid me," kyorin replied, fixing the loose tie on the bag. she worried the bag would unseal itself as soon as one strong hit to the bag would ensue.

"oh really? you seemed really worried when i was practically face planted on the floor," jay teased, nudging at her side. the brunette rolled her eyes and gave him the ice bag.

"that's just me worrying about you because everyone was like oh my god! he broke his leg! of course i'm gonna worry," kyorin mocked the people in the crowd with jay stifling a laugh. he walked with a small limp as they left the sports medicine classroom. kyorin walked beside him, prepared to catch or help him if needed.

"anyways, you did pretty good for that four minutes i actually saw you play," kyorin complimented the boy. he raised his eyebrows in please and nudged her once again.

he smiled, "all because someone kept up her end of the deal,"

"it's the least i could do for my boyfriend," kyorin pretended to gag before saying boyfriend. it was his turn to roll his eyes as he lightly shoved her away.

kyorin pretended to get hurt, "you're such an asswipe! full of shit no matter how many times i try wiping you,"

"oh shut up, that doesn't even make sense!" jay replied. kyorin stuck her tongue out at him in deviance. being playful with each other came so easily, it was easy for others to assume they were dating.

as kyorin matched her pace with jay's right before the entrance to the stadium once more, jay laced his arm over her shoulder. as he pulled her close, he made eye contact with chaerin. his heart pounded at the sight of her where he turned to kyorin and placed a peck on her cheek.

"you know, the hoodie i gave
looks incredible on you, angel."

"