━━ FIFTEEN

[ act ii - burn the kingdoms down ]
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
( a feast for those who killed )

     EYES WERE TRAINED UPON THE COUPLE AS THEY walked, Althea's head held high and Gunnar with a hand on his side to reduce what was left of the ache from his injured side

     EYES WERE TRAINED UPON THE COUPLE AS THEY walked, Althea's head held high and Gunnar with a hand on his side to reduce what was left of the ache from his injured side. They continued to walk towards the center of the festival, the people parting like the sea letting the legend herself and her husband through. Most had never seen such a beautiful couple.

People watched in awe and jealousy, as no woman, not even Lagertha had that much power. She watched as they whispered about her, about how fierce of a shield-maiden she was and how easily she can take down a man. If everyone was being honest not even the sons of Ragnar had that much power. The only ones who had the power she held was the gods.

Her feet stopped and the white dress she was wearing matched her hair so perfectly from the light of the fire that Ivar the Boneless took sight of her instantly. He licked his lips with desire as he watched her but his eyes then wandered to her husband. His hand tightened around his cup slightly and his older brother, Ubbe, took notice.

"Still having trouble catching her eye, huh?" Ubbe asked his brother who was seated next to him. "Again, Ivar there is no point, she is married now."

Ivar said nothing only keeping his eyes on the legend his mother told him about. Ubbe watched his brother and raised a brow, he leaned in closer to him.

"If you want her so badly why do you not just get rid of Gunnar?" Ubbe joked a smile on his face.

Ivar's eyes widened slightly, "Do you think me a fool, Ubbe?" Ivar turned to look at his brother, "Like that idea has not crossed my mind? If I kill him or have something to do with his death, she would never look at me. She would bring her wrath down upon me. And not only me Ubbe but all of us." Ivar watched his brother's mind work.

Ubbe moved his eyes to Gunnar, his smile dropping. Ivar taking his joke seriously. "Ivar, you have to move on. She is happy and that should be the only thing that matters. There is no point, you two do not share the same history she and Gunnar do." Ubbe shrugged. "Even if you two seem to have this strange connection you keep going on about, she chose him."

Ivars eyes moved back to find Althea as his mind was in deep thought, his eyes scanned the crowd and on the other side of the fire he saw her, her blue eyes already trained on him as he was talking to his brother. He felt as if she knew exactly what he had helped plan but it was impossible.

Ivar was very careful, careful to distance himself from what was soon to come. He even lied to his brothers over and over again. To make it seem he would never do such a thing. After all, he was Ivar the Boneless, the most tactical mind there was. No one would ever find out, as he had already cleaned up most of the lose ends. The rest would end soon and then Ivar would have no part in anything else after that.