Winter In Gotham

A little late, but at least I got this out before New Year's! I tried to not center all of these around the holidays and focus it more around just winter activities.

Also, enjoy festive Eddie. He's been floating around Tumblr all month.

• • • • • • • • • • ✦ • • • • • • • • • •

     Riddler: Edward was one of the more festive villains in Gotham (insert image above), so it was no surprise that he wanted to deck his hideout with ribbons, bells, and even fake snow. Seriously, he goes all out. The biggest Christmas tree right in the center of the hideout and lights strung up in every direction. And don't get him started on holiday outfits. He has matching sweaters for the both of you along with some Santa hats/reindeer antlers. Yes, he will try and pull you into public wearing this kind of stuff.

Most of the decorating is done by Edward's henchmen, though he makes an exception for the tree, saving that for the two of you. Well, there was one more exception...

"Y/n-dear~ Could you come over here for a second?" Edward asked in a jovial voice, taking your attention away from the streamers you were wrapping around the 10ft tree. You handed the task off to one of the henchmen before locating the source of Edward's voice, finding him situated just outside of his office, leaning against the wall with a knowing smirk. You knew Eddie well enough to know when he was up to something.

"What did you do, Eddie?" Edward didn't give you a verbal response, choosing to instead tilt his head upwards. You follow his eyes until you spot a mistletoe hanging from above, the sight earning a small hum from your throat.

"Real cute, Eddie." You said, leaning up to press a kiss to his cheek, earning a frown from the redhead.

"That's not where it goes." He pouted, wrapping his arms around your waist so you couldn't run off. You shook your head and turned to Edward with a smile.

"Oh, really? Where does it go then?" Edward wasted no time with crashing his lips onto yours, only leaning back to reply with a "there" before moving to pepper the rest of your face with kisses.

     Scarecrow: Jonathan wasn't one to partake in many holidays outside of Halloween. This was mostly due to his complete lack of a social life and complete focus on his work. Life never gave him a reason to be happy for the season until now. Jonathan had once again forgotten about the holiday entirely until you presented him with a gift on Christmas day. A hand brace to help with the pain in his palm from scribbling down note after note on each knew experiment and batch of toxin. While the gift was very thoughtful, and very much needed, Jonathan could only feel an overwhelming sense of dread at the realization that he had nothing to give you. You were more than understanding, brushing off his concerns by saying that it wasn't important and just him being with you was enough. He refused to stand for that. You were one of the few people he cared about on a deep level. Even if he were to take your word as truth, the guilt of would eat away at him.

The very next day, Jonathan was up early in the morning to search all of Gotham for something to gift you and he wasn't the type of person to settle for less. Through sheer luck, Jonathan stumbled across a particular figurine based on one of your all-time favorite movies, one you rambled on and on about the first time you sat him down to watch it. To make matters better, the figurine was a high-quality sculpture of your favorite character.

That night, Jonathan ran up to you in a frenzy, almost running into you in the process. Before you could question him, he held the gift out to you, the thing hastily wrapped with a bright red ribbon tied to the top. And oh, the way your eyes sparkled at the sight of the gift- Jon felt all his worries wash away in that moment, smiling at your excitement as you hugged the figurine close to you before pulling Jon down to plant a kiss to his cheek. He could get used to having you around for the holidays.