First Kiss

I didn't have a creative title for this one.

• • • • • • • • • • ✦ • • • • • • • • • •

Riddler: Edward liked to test out some of his new puzzles on you before showing them off to Batman or the general public. Of course, you didn't have to deal with any dangerous consequences for failing, just a simple box or list of riddles he wanted to try before putting to good use. He believes you a genius just like himself, so he doesn't stress about you getting stuck (if you do, he's still happy to help you out. As said before, he can be a showoff, especially when it's in front of you). Whenever you solved one of the contraptions or riddles, Edward would usually treat you to a reward. These could range from pulling you into a long cuddle session to taking you out to eat. But this time, Eddie had something different on his mind.

You hummed in thought while turning the tiny puzzle cube in your hands, overlooking the device for what you were missing. Edward stood next to you, staring at you with pure infatuation while rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet.

"Ah-ha!" Edward clapped as you figured the cube out, the device opening up. There was nothing inside just yet due to its intended purpose being for Batman.

"Brilliant as ever, Angel!" Edward praised as you looked up to him with a sly smirk.

"What's my prize this time, Eddie?" Edward paused for a moment, pretending to ponder on the question before placing a gloved hand on your chin, tilting your head up to meet his. Without any words, Edward leaned forward to connect your lips. Edward was good at many things, and apparently that included kissing. The kiss wasn't too long, just enough to leave you wanting more. But Eddie, being the tease he is, pulled back with a grin.

"How about that, my dear?" He questioned, laughing a bit at you being left speechless. "I must be an amazing kisser! Not that I had any doubts."

Scarecrow: You were always the one to make the first move when it came to showing affection. You always initiated cuddle sessions, you were the one who started with the pet names, and so on. So, it was reasonable for Jonathan to assume that you would be the one to purpose your first kiss. To his surprise, and major disappointment, you haven't once talked about the subject yet, remaining comfortable with the level of affection you currently showed him (mostly because you assumed he needed more time to warm up to the idea). At first, the subject didn't bother Jonathan. Until the days began to drag on and the idea never left his head, fogging up his mind to the point of messing with his work. Why did he care so much about this anyway?! For a good while, Jonathan was too nervous and prideful to admit to you just what he desired, at best trying to drop hints and praying you would pick up on them. Obviously, that didn't happen.

One day, Jonathan got fed up with his wandering mind and pushed himself to do something about it. Dragging himself from his lab, Jon found you lounging on the couch, watching your favorite show. You gave him a quick glance and smile to acknowledge his presence before focusing back on the tv. Jonathan took a deep breath and shuffled over to the couch, taking a seat a few feet from you, pretending to take interest in the show, thinking over how to approach this situation. Should he just go for it? Every few minutes or so, Jonathan shuffle closer to you, his hands fidgeting a little as he tried to make a move before backtracking. You're no dummy and immediately picked up on his odd behavior but chose to wait and see if he would speak up about it, until you were basically right next to each other. Jonathan once again repeated his routine, but before he could fully shy away, you turned to stare right at him.

"You need something, Jon?" You asked innocently. Jonathan blinked a few times before clearing his throat and deciding to take this opportunity for what it was.