SDMN ADVENT • 12 •

12th December, 2022

If there was something that became blatantly obvious throughout the evening, it was that Simon Minter could not - not to save his life - cook. Harry could recall once seeing squirrels roast food scraps over a makeshift fire and produce something better than what his Minter was attempting in their small kitchen. (Granted, he wasn't entirely sober at the time.)

"Harry!" Simon yelled out dramatically, throwing his head back as he did so. His voice was void of any true anger, though, so Harry allowed his giggle to let slip, focusing instead on the veiled humour he detected.

Stood over the kitchen sink, Harry snickered to himself as he drained the freshly-cooked pasta. As soon as he was done draining it, he placed the saucepan full of pasta on the side near his boyfriend, approaching the other man slowly.

"Do you need any help?" He asked the other, his hand running soothing up and down motions along Simon's back. As he did so, he gazed down at the burning, bubbling red mess that the taller man had created within the frying pan he was overseeing. Having already laughed at his boyfriend for the majority of the evening, Harry refrained from doing so again. It took everything he had in him not to make a sound that was something other than a soft cooing noise.

After all, it wasn't the older man's fault that he was a mess in the kitchen. Not everyone was gifted in the art of cooking like Harry was.

Simon pouted, stepping away from the frying pan with his hands raised, his palms facing outward in the universal gesture for surrender. "Yes, please, Harry."

In the background, the smoke alarm rang out, bleeping obnoxiously and blaring loud enough for Harry's ears to ring uncomfortably.