As Sweet As Jalebi

Raizada Mension..

Ratna was cooking and suddenly she jerk with the sound, 'vhauu..'.

'haaaa... HAAAA...' Catching her breath she looked at the person who just tried to take her life away...

'khushiii you... Badmash..' she slapped her arm but she hugged her from behind...

'sorry.. Did I scare you..'
'Nahi nahi.. Mujhe to bohut maja aya..' (no no.. I had so much fun) She said sarcastically..

Laughing she said, 'Aunty how come you always gets scared??'
'if you know I get scared.. Why don't you stop doing that than?'
'Because it's fun to do that with you and with you only..'
'Pagal...' Ratna again concentrated on her jalebi...

Khushi tried to touch one but she stopped her saying , ' No khushi.. You will not like it..'

With surprise khushi said, 'You must be kidding.. I will not like your hand made jalebi??.. You know how much I love jalebi and I love your hand made once the most ..' she made a pout..
With a big smile Ratna said,' I know beta but this are sugar free for Chote, you will not like it.. '

Khushi smiled and murmured,' Mitha nahi khata, Isiliye to itna karwa hai.. '
(He does not take sweet and that's why he is so bitter..)

Ratna looked at her, though she didn't hear what Khushi said, she can clearly understand it was about Arnav
'did you say something..'
' Yes Auntie, since your son came back you only care for him.. You totally forgot me..' she faked anger..

Ratna hurriedly said, ' No beta, you tell me what you want.. I will make now.'
Khushi laughed her heart out..
'Auntie it's easy to fool you.. I was just joking..'
'khushi you are impossible..'

'Tell me something Auntie, what did you eat while you were pregnant with Arnav.. You are so sweet and he is so irritating..'
'hww.. No khushi don't say like that, my chote is little hot headed otherwise my son is one in a million..'

She sarcastically said, 'I agree, he is one in a million..'
Ratna chuckled and asked, ' Now you tell me, why you guys keep fighting like cats and mouse.. You two were good friends na?'

Khushi paused for a while and then said..'No Auntie, we were never friends..'
'but you used to..' interrupting her khushi said, 'oh my God, I totally forgot, mumma send me with your NGO's file. I left it in your dinning table.. '
'Oh,OK.. '

' Auntie, now I will leave.. '.
' wait, I am making aloo pakora, you can't go without having.. '
' Some other day Auntie, today I have plans with my friends.. '
' OK.. ' she started moving twoards the door but Ratna called her, 'khushiii...'
'Yes, Auntie...'
'Beta can you please, pass me the flour..its in the upper self..'
'Sure Auntie...'

'Thank you beta...' khushi passed the flour to Ratna, as Ratna's hand was oily she slipped the container on the floor and flour was all over the place. Khushi closed her eyes and moved the face but flour went to Ratna's nose,eyes and throat..

She started coughing badly closing her eyes, khushi panicked seeing her, 'Auntie, oh no..' she hurriedly go near her and started rubbing her back, when her caugh stopped,she took her near the faucet..khushi helped her to clean her eyes and made her sit in the chair. Ratna's eyes got red due to flour and water.. khushi took a tissue and blow warm breath on it and than put it on Ratna's eyes.. Once Ratna became little relax, khushi holds her hand and said, 'sorry auntie, I am such a fool, I couldn't even hold a container properly.. Because of me you got hurt..'

'Na mera baccha, ishme tumhari koin galti nahi...' ( No My Child, there is no fault of yours)
'I should have been careful..'

'My hands were oily, that's why it happened and this kind of small accident happened in kitchen, not a big deal..'