19: Fight

"SHE IS A CHILD THAT WAS FORCED TO GROW UP"

༺༻

LILITH'S POV

I had just finished the tour for my siblings and now we are eating, mother insisted on her putting food on MY plate cause I am too skinny.

"Here you go eat everything, you know how lucky you are that you have all this food many children can't" My mother rambles not making any sense.

"Yes mother" I respond trying not to scream this is the exact reason that I do not like to eat, cause either j should eat more or I should eat less.

"You have to be a good example for your siblings" My father says eating his stake slowly. The sound of the knife scrapping the plate getting on my nerves.

"Me and your Father have some news for you" mother says grabbing onto his arm, I look up maybe this will be good news. "You have been accepted to... Academy of Unseen Arts" she exclaims happily and my face drops.

"You will love there after this semester" My father says finally having a bit of emotion in his eyes.

"What?" I ask still in shock, I did not want to move schools, this is my second home this where my family is. "I am not going there"

"You've wanted this since you were 2" My mother says, actually she wanted this since I was born.

"No! You've wanted this since I was born" O exclaim "I am not leaving"

"Come on, Lily this is such a great thing for you" Father says and I roll my eyes.

"It is such a great for you! This shows everyone what a great job YOU did not me" I say my leg bouncing up and down again.

Beige we could fight more the sheriff comes in taking me uncle away, mother goes over to mortician hugging her. My father turns to me angrily.

"We will talk about this later" Ge says standing up going over to mother.

I knew what that meant, it meant we were going to have a screaming match later. I had known this day would come one day, they had always wanted this.

༺༻

It was the next day and I was not liking this "family time" we were in the woods me and my siblings were rousting marshmallows and making jokes, but all that happiness stopped when our parents came over to us.

"Go over and play with Pugsley, I'll go get you after u finish this" I tell and they nod leaving, they understood my rocky relationship with my parents. One moment I was smiling with them and the next I was screaming until my my voice gave out.

"We need to talk Lilith" My mother says sitting next to me grabbing the marshmallows off my stick throwing them into the fire. "We understand you have friends here but-"

"They aren't my friends they are my family and they surely understand me more than you both could ever do" I cut her off quickly before she could finish.

"They aren't your family they are your friends, now let your mother finish" Father says strictly.

"Now, this could change your career as a witch" mother says trying to grab my hand but I push her away "I understand you have really good friends here but you can make more in Academy of Unseen Arts"

"You don't understand, I am not you I am not the adult you force me to be!" I exclaim making my parents jump up in surprise.

"We did not do such a thing" Mother says offended.

"Yes you did! Who do you think fed my siblings while you two were out, I DID! Who do you think helped them learn how to tie their shoes while I was 6!" I exclaim.

"Lilith, sweetheart, we know that being here is a dream come true" Mom says standing up finally talking to me in a soft voice.

"Look mom" I say standing ip, putting my hand up "I know where this is going and I know what I am going" I tell her putting on my best smile. "I am not leaving"

"And I am going to scream" Father says standing up, of corse they couldn't support me.

"Darling, it is not going to help" Mother says looking tired.

"No, I am not going to stay quiet while my daughter makes the biggest mistake she will ever make" He says pointing at me, but I just stare at him angrily. "Now, you may be some big shot here, but back at home you are still my daughter, living at my house"

"Yeah but I am 16 " I tell him, I didn't mean that as I am an adult but I can make my own decisions.

"Fine, you wanna play adult?" No I do not that is exactly what I did not mean "Then let's play, you wanna continue sleeping in your room back at home you pay rent, car insurance? You okay that too, groceries, are you starting to get the picture?"

"Yeah, Yeah! I get it, I get that you two don't understand how important this place is to me and you know something, if paying rent is my welcome back present then" I take out my wallet throwing some money on the floor "then welcome back to me" I say starting to go look for my siblings.

"Honey" mother says in a soft voice.

"What" I say irritated.

"I am proud of you" she says smiling lightly.

"Thanks mom" I say looking at father for him to the same but he just looks the other way.

"Darling" Before mother could say anything else he leaves and I leave to. I tried not to cry he did not deserve my tears.

༺༻