10: Outreach Day

"WHEN I FOUND YOU, I FOUND HOME"

༺༻

LILITH'S POV

It was the next day after my fight, I had not spoken to them. I might sound petty but I was done on letting them be mean to my cousin. I had spoken to Theo and Tulip, they hadn't done anything wrong. and today were doing some volunteer jobs.

"All students will report for their volunteer jobs at 10:00 am sharp, followed by a community lunch at 1pm" Principal Weems says "As you know, this yet Outreach Day culminates in a very special event, the dedication of a new memorial statue in the town square, which will also include performance by Nevermore students" some students excitedly giggle "As representatives of our school, I trust you will all put your best face forward" some laugh at the faceless people.

The teachers start to give out the volunteer papers, when I got mine I opened it and glared at me paper, I got the Weathervane.

"Theo love, please swap with me" I say trying to grab his paper.

"Sorry darling can't do that" He says kissing my cheek laughing at my frown.

"Ahah you got the Weathervane I got pilgrim world" Tulip says laughing at me while I just frown.

༺༻

We all got off the bus and noticed Xavier was starring at the white wall, that was not white last time I go over still seeing my blood on the brick.

"Why are you staring at a black wall?" Wednesday asks us us we stare at the blank wall.

"It wasn't blank last Outreach Day" We both answer at the same time we look at each other looking away a second later.

"Are you still stewing because I rejected your invitation?" Wednesday asks looking at Xavier.

"I did go out on a limb for you" Xavier answers.

"Please" I say chuckling, out on a limb my fucking ass.

"I'm just cannon fodder in whatever Cold War you're waging with Bianca, I have more pressing issues" Wednesday says making Xavier glance at her.

"Like what?" Xavier asks now looking at her.

"Tracking the monster that killed your roommate" Wednesday answers looking at Xavier.

"Oh my god, for the last time, Rowan was expelled" Xavier explains, I believed Wednesday she would never lie about anything like this. "Everyone saw him leave"

"Have you spoken to him since?" Wednesday asks, I was getting bored so I diced to get going to the meeting in the middle of the city.

༺༻

The major and Principal Weems talked and then I headed to the Weathervane as I was walking over there I looked behind me making sure the boys wouldn't do anything again. When I got to the Weathervane Tyler was waiting at the counter.

"Finally, where is the other one?" Tyler asks and I roll my eyes at him.

"How am I supposed to know? why don't you ask your friends and while they are at it why don't they give my another scar" I say glaring at him look.

"Look lily-" I interrupt him quickly.

"It is Lilith to you, Galpin" I say still glaring at him.

"Ok Lilith i have changed me last year is not the same from me today" He says and I look at him weirdly.

"You think just because my cousin believes in you I am? Well guess what I don't, we are not fiends, we are not buddies, so stop acting like you and your fiends didn't  send me me to the hospital for stitches" I finish looking over to the door seeing Xavier.

"Great now that you are both here we can start, ok so Lilith you already know how to work the machines so you will be being the counter and Xavier you will give the orders out" Tyler explains and without a word me and Xavier get into our positions.

"I am going to choke him and hex his dad" I grumble to myself holding onto the counter until my  knuckles turned white, that was until I hand only hand.

"Calm down" Xavier whispers to me looking at me and I let go of the counter "Calm down before you lash out" He whispers again until I costumer comes in asking me fore coffee to go. So thats what I did. 

We had been working for almost an hour when I started getting dizzy, I tried my best to act like nothing was happening.

"Hey Xavier I am going to the bathroom really quickly, can you come behind the counter" I ask him and he nods but before I could leave he grabs me arm.

"Are you ok? You look pale" He asks and I nod.

"Yeah I am fine" I say my vision starting to get blurry so I rush over to the bathroom taking out pills I look myself in the mirror and see the blonde girl behind me.

"You will save her" She whispers in my ear making my head hurt even more.

"Shut up" I mumble taking my pills swelling them dry but she kept whispering "Shut up" I say again looking away from the mirror closing my eyes as hard as I could so it would stop everything. It kinda did so I opened the door and walked out like nothing happened.

"Hey, who were you talking to in the bathroom?" Xavier asks and I act like I don't know what he is talking about. 

"I wasn't talking" I say frowning, I guess my mom really taught me one good thing, manipulating people.

"Oh I must have heard something" He says continuing the work.

༺༻

It's been an hour since the dizzy incident and we were still working its around 12:23 I was making coffee when I noticed Wednesday staring at the clipboard and seems Xavier did too cause he decided to say something.

"I thought you were supposed to be at pilgrim world" Xavier says looking at my cousin haired girl.

"I deserved it while my sanity was still intact" She answers and he leans on the counter as I pick up the dirty mugs.

༺༻