041

Once Dahlia gets out, she pulls a towel around her body and uses another to quickly rub the excess water from her hair. Jenna shuts the water off behind her and starts to say something-probably make another joke-but Dahlia pretends like she didn't hear her as she walks into the bathroom and shuts the door. She can't pretend it's all okay anymore when it's not. And she needs a few minutes alone to think things over, and compose herself, and breathe.

Dahlia looks at herself in the mirror, anxiously pushing her hair back.

She just had sex. Sex with Jenna, at that, which is something she would have laughed at someone a week ago for if they had told her this would happen. And the same with being in love with her, too.

The truth is, she's not at all who Dahlia thought she was. She was stupid, and blind, and she never gave her the chance to show her real self to her before she judged her for rudely inviting herself over, or making those snarky comments towards her, or having that stupid handshake with Maddie that Dahlia got jealous of. And yeah, she doesn't show the real side of herself easily, but she's trusted her with it, and showed it to her, and she's fallen in love with it. All of it. And that's something Maddie saw in her, and Camila saw in her, but still something she didn't even see in herself until today at the wedding, dancing with her.

"Uhh, you having a post-deflowering crisis right now or something?" Jenna asks outside the door, knocking lightly. "I've heard that's common."

"I'm fine," she laughs, trying to sound as normal and unbothered as possible. "Just trying to scrub the disgusting taste of your mouth out of mine with my toothbrush."

"Shut up, Dahlia," she hears her muffled laughter through the door, as she actually brushes her teeth now for proof she wasn't lying. Even though she was.

Dahlia takes in a sharp breath then, before spitting her toothpaste into the sink. She wipes her mouth off and turns and opens the door, and Jenna's standing there in her bra and underwear, leaning against the doorway.

"I'm ignoring that comment," Dahlia gulps discreetly and pushes past her with a laugh, still having a deathgrip on her towel. She knows she shouldn't be so shy about that now that they've seen each other fully naked, but she still is anyway.

She pulls her underwear and bra on under her towel and then pulls the damp towel off, hanging it up to dry on the rack. Jenna's laying on the bed now, her head propped on her palm, watching her.

"Stop watching me get dressed," Dahlia gulps, tossing a shirt at her from her suitcase.

"Hmm," Jenna touches her finger to her chin, pretending to be deep in thought, "I'd rather not."

"I hate you," she laughs, shaking her head as she pulls on a shirt, then crouches down to dig around her suitcase for some shorts. Dahlia can see Jenna inching closer to her from the corner of her eye, before she reaches over and slowly runs her hand through her wet hair, tugging at it slightly. She's at the edge of the bed, looking down at her and biting her lip.

"Whoa, wait," Dahlia backs up slightly, making her hand fall to her side. "You aren't trying to-"

"-When am I not trying to?" Jenna interrupts, spreading her legs slightly in front of her.

"You already want...more? Again?" Dahlia asks, gulping as she reaches up to fix the hair she just messed up.

"Don't you?" Jenna shrugs, running her hands over her thighs, catching her eye.

Dahlia looks at her, in her eyes, before looking down to where she's moving her hands slowly across her wet skin. And now she's really considering it.

And then her phone buzzes behind her, still in the pocket of her dress pants. The dress pants that Jenna pulled off of her, the pants that are on the floor now.