End

The next week after that is magical. Instead of having to wonder and worry if Jenna might show up, Dahlia knows she will every day. She comes over and throws her bag in the corner, and then joins Dahlia in whatever it is she's doing-eating, napping, watching TV, anything.

And on top of that, they have sex every chance they get. When Maddie hasn't gotten home from school yet and they have, they have sex. If Maddie goes to her mom's, they have sex. If Maddie steps out for ten minutes and walks to the third-floor vending machines, they have sex.

And the more they do it, the more comfortable Dahlia gets doing it, and talking about it-which leads to them eventually being more "adventurous" (in Jenna''s words.) And that means on the kitchen table, and on the couch when Maddie could be home any minute. But the very worst of it was when they were eating out at a nice restaurant with her mom and Maddie, celebrating the fact that Maddie got an offer to help design a clothing brand in a summer internship program.

They were at this fancy reserve-only restaurant, and they were all dressed in suits, ties, and dresses, and during a conversation between Dahlia and Maddie, Jenna reached down beside her and squeezed Dahlia's leg.

And that was fine at first and Dahlia brushed it off, just thinking she was doing it absentmindedly. But it was apparent soon after that she was very clearly doing it on purpose.

Jenna's talking to Maddie and Dahlia's mom with full attention about a story from when they were at Midtown, and meanwhileunder the table her hand curves around her thigh. Dahlia gulps and grabs her hand, trying to laugh and smile at what she's saying in the process so nothing looks off. But her other hand clutches at the seat beside her, and her hand is getting very, very close to her annoyingly-fast. All while she keeps a full conversation with her mom and Maddie.

Jenna's talking and laughing and gesturing with her free hand above the table, and Dahlia's beside her sweating andpraying she doesn't move further. But not even Jenna would do that in front of her mom and best friend-or in a public place, at that.

But she does.

Jenna suddenly slides her hand over her pants, pressing her palm against her. Dahlia's knee jolts up in surprise, hitting the table above it and spilling Jenna's glass of water.

"Whoa what was that, Dahlia?" Jenna turns to her and laughs, pretending to have no idea what she did that for. Her face flushes as Maddie and her mom look over, watching as she and Jenna grab enough napkins to get most of the water from the table.

"Just...a leg spasm or something," Dahlia laughs and waves them off, trying to cover her heavy breathing by leaning down and dabbing Jenna's dress with a napkin.

"Everything okay?" Her mom asks, looking between them as she hands over her napkins as a contribution.

"Yeah, Miss Hutton, everything's good," Jenna smiles, and Dahlia's so annoyed by just how great of an actress she really is. Because if she was her mom or Maddie, she would actually believe her right now.

"I'm just...so wet," Jenna laughs and glances at Dahlia briefly, but it's long enough for her to see that look and take note of the double meaning behind her words. "I think I'm gonna go to the restroom and try and take care of this."

"Of course!" Her mom laughs, pushing her glasses up with a warm smile. Maddie's attention is already elsewhere-yawning and looking around the room at all of the fancy light fixtures above them.

And then Jenna excuses herself and makes her way to the bathroom, leaving Dahlia antsy and tapping her foot against the floor. And it's all even worse when she sees Jenna look back at her with a smirk before she pushes the door open.