003

Dahlia wakes up when her alarm goes off at 4:25, then when her second goes off at 4:30, then the third at 4:35. She finally gets up then, groaning, before going to the bathroom to take a shower. Then she groans again when she was to get out mid-shower because she stupidly packed her shampoo and body wash yesterday.

When she finally gets out, she still feels half asleep. She groggily puts on her clothes, combs her hair, brushes her teeth, and then turns on the coffee maker in the kitchen and grabs a bagel from the fridge. It's still dark outside, which makes this all one thousand times harder.

She quickly eats her bagel and downs her coffee,
Before grabbing her bags and bringing them over to the door. At 4:55, Dahlia goes to Maddie's room, knocks on the door, and then proceeds to go in.

"Hey, I'm about to leave," she leans down by her bed, patting Maddie's back.

"God, Dahlia, get the hell out," Maddie groans loudly, turning her head to the other side. "You're the one who wanted me to wake you, remember?" Dahlia laughs, standing up and yawning."Sorry, I'm grumpy," Maddie sighs, hesitates, then turns her head back to look at her.

"So when are you getting back again?"

"Next Sunday, I think," Dahlia tells her, rubbing the back of her neck. "You?"

"Saturday for me, but I'll probably stay with the moms on Saturday if you don't come back," Maddie replies, pulling her blanket up to her chin.

"Okay, well, I have to go. Jenna's probably over there about to kill me," she laughs, leaning down to kiss Maddie on the cheek. "Love you, keep in touch. See you next Sunday. And don't forget to lock the door behind you when you leave later, okay?"

" Yes of course. I love you too," Maddie half-evaluates her hug, before falling back onto the bed and closing her eyes. "Goodbye, be careful. Tell Jenna I said goodbye too."

"So are you, and I'll tell her," Dahlia replies, then walks out. She grabs her bags in both hands, looks around her apartment one last time before leaving, then she walks out.

"Morning," Jenna yawns, moving to the back of the cabin so Dahlia can enter. " Coffee ?

"I already had some, but...what the hell," shrugs, taking the extra from her hand. "Maddie said to say goodbye to you. Before instantly falling back to sleep"

"Lucky her," she moaned, leaning her head against the car window. There is only the smallest glimpse of sunrise light so far. "I would like to sleep right now."

"Yeah, me too," Dahlia hums exhaustedly, glancing at her. She thinks of all the things Maddie said yesterday about them, and she watches as she leans her head against the window, sighing. For a moment, she wonders if any of this could be true; if maybe it's all pent up sexual tension, or attraction, or whatever Maddie said. But then she comes to her senses and shakes off that ridiculous thought.

She then texts her mom, letting her know that they're about to get on the flight soon, and that she loves her and will let her know when they've made it safely.

They arrive at the airport, go through security, check their luggage, and then they finally board the plane.

"Move - I want the window seat," she nudges him with her elbow, and Dahlia rolls her eyes, but she's too tired to fight her on it. So she moves.

"So, do we have a connecting flight somewhere, or is it a direct flight?" dahlia asks, leaning her head on the seat.

" Direct. It's about half past ten," Jenna sighs, pulling a pillow out of her bag and placing it against the window, resting her head on it. "So I'm taking a nap."

"Okay, long before you, where are we staying?" Hotel?" Dahlia asks, suddenly feeling a bit nervous about the whole situation. She hates uncertainty, and this trip seems to be full of it.

"I have no idea," she replies, practically already asleep. "I guess we'll see when we get there. »

"So helpful, Jenna, really," she shakes her head, rubbing her temple where her sleep-deprived headache seemed to settle.

"Hmmm" is all she replies, snuggling up comfortably in her seat. "This is your very last chance to insulate yourself from this deal, Dahlia. Once the plane takes off, you're stuck with me for eight days."

"Don't remind me," Dahlia sighs, lying in her seat.

She ends up sleeping for almost ten hours, leaving Dahlia there listening to music, watching a movie, or staring at the back of the seat in front of her in boredom. She slept for maybe an hour or so, but it was restless and she woke up with a horrible sting in her neck. And even when Jenna is awake, she's just listening to music or playing sudoku on her phone, completely ignoring her.

So Dahlia waits for the plane ride with complete boredom, her legs cramping, his back hurting, and her mind completely unstimulated.

"Wake up, we're finally about to land," she pats Jenna gently on the arm, finally smiling happily that the transportation part of the trip is over.

She leans over her to look out the window, breathing a sigh of relief at the sight of the beautiful blue water and copious amounts of green all around them. The long and tiring journey here finally seems worth it now.

"Mhm," Jenna groans, finally sitting up and rubbing her eyes, staring out the window. "I mean, did I really sleep that long?"

"Yeah, you're in luck," Dahlia rolls his eyes, walking out into the aisle to grab their bags from the overhead bin.

"Mom said she was almost there," Jenna said, slipping her phone into her back pocket. They're at the airport, picking up their bags now. As tired as Dahlia should be (and half an hour ago), being in Hawaii made her forget about all that.

she can see palm trees outside the window, and the people she can see returning home from vacation have leis and major sunburns.

"So, how long has it been since you've seen your mother?" Dahlia asks, jogging behind Jenna as she expertly navigates the airport.

"Uh, Christmas," Jenna tells him, and Dahlia's mouth drops in surprise. She would die if she hadn't seen her mom for so long. "It was horrible. Hence why I haven't seen her since"

Dahlia wonders how bad her mother could be. She's a little scared to find out, but she hopes Jenna is exaggerating. She grabs her suitcase harder, suddenly nervous as they climb an escalator that takes them downstairs.

"Speak the devil and she'll appear," sighs Jenna, holding her bags in either hand. Dahlia looks up, noticing a woman standing at the bottom of the escalator looking at her phone.

"Say aloha to the worst judgment you will ever receive in your life, Dahlia"