020

After Dahlia's done she throws on her clothes, and then goes to the mirror and fixes her hair and puts on deodorant and perfume. Then she goes to the back door to get Jenna, and they mentally prepare themselves for dinner with her family.

"Oh, don't you need to check in with Maddie and your mom?" Jenna asks, right as they're about to walk out.

"I'll just do it when we get back in-I'm starving," Dahlia laughs, walking out. "Besides, I'm pretty sure there's a big time difference that I haven't calculated, so I'll have to figure that out anyway."

"Fine," Jenna sighs, following behind her. She just wanted a reason not to have to face her family again, which she understands. But it's impossible to do that for the rest of the trip, so they may as well get it over with now.

"Ready?" Dahlia asks, smiling as they walk down the dock. She grabs Jenna's hand in her, intertwining their fingers together as they move past the bungalows and are now able to see her family around the fire pit.

"No, but it's whatever," she laughs, squeezing her hand. "Let's just get it over with."

"Oh, Jenna, you look so beautiful!" her aunt smiles at her, and has now moved from her chair to Juan's lap.

"Right?" Dahlia looks at her, smiling.

"Stop it," Jenna rolls her eyes, trying to fight a smile. "We're gonna grab some food."

"The beef tips are amazing," her aunt gushes, but her mom just sits there watching her and Dahlia, not eventrying to hide her disapproval.

"I'll be sure to grab some," Jenna replies, smiling as her and Dahlia make their way to the table beside the grill where everything's setup. There's beef tips, sweet potato wedges, spinach dip, grilled asparagus, and sliders. Let's just say Dahlia's never been to this kind of barbecue.

"Is a normal ribs-and-burgers barbecue not enough anymore?" Jenna rolls her eyes, loading her plate down regardless. Then she picks up a glass of wine and a napkin, and waits for Dahlia.

"I thought you were never drinking again," Dahlia laughs, but can't deny how sophisticated she looks as she holds the glass in her hand, casually taking a few sips.

"I said I was never drinking a pina colada again," Jenna shrugs, watching her get her food.

"So is there not, like, a soda I can get, or..." Dahlia looks around, but only sees her designated glass of red wine.

"No, now grab it and let's go eat," Jenna replies, and she sighs and obeys. She carefully holds her glass in one hand and her plate in the other, making her way to the fire pit behind Jenna.

"I think I'm going to steal a great idea from my aunt and sit with you, babe," Jenna smiles at her, setting her glass down on the table beside them as she sits on her lap.

"Sounds great," Dahlia nods, pulling her onto her. This should be fun.

They both grab their plates; Jenna setting hers on her lap and Dahlia setting her on her knees. And they finally,finally eat.

"So I guess you're feeling better then, Juan?" Jenna asks with a mouthful of potato wedges. Her mom cringes.

"Much," he nods, and gives a tiny, barely noticeable smile. It's the first Dahlia has seen from him this entire trip. "Thanks for asking, Jenna."

"Of course," she nods, shoving more food in her mouth.

"So, Dahlia, since we're all here for a wedding, do you ever see yourself getting married?" her mom asks, and she and Jenna look at each other, before both taking a large gulp from their wine glass in synchronicity. They both know what she really meant by that: do you plan on ever marrying our Jenna?