For now. Part 1

Authors Note: Hey, guys! I hope you're enjoying this. This chapter is really long so I split it into 2 sections. (:

----------------------------------------------

"You're cheating!" Emma glares at Regina who smiles innocently.

"No, Swan, I'm playing smart." Regina shrugs. The two women are sat lazily in the living room of the mayoral mansion, playing various card games, as they have been for the past hour or so. Some how Emma managed to talk her into playing. Regina raises her body up again as if she's stretching in an attempt to see Emma's cards- again.

"That's it." Emma slaps Regina's cards. They fall out of her hands and are now splayed across the woman's lap. Regina tilts her head to the side and glares at Emma.

"Really?" She raises up her now empty hands.

"It's called playing smart." Emma mocks Regina. Regina rolls her eyes. Emma sighs and scoots over to the darker woman and helps her pick up the cards.

"You're such a pouter, Regina." Emma's eyes don't leave the floor as the statement crosses her lips. Regina looks down at the blonde and furrows her eyebrows.

"What, no!" Emma pick as up the last of the cards.

"Really?"

"Yes, really! I'm just.. Simply annoyed with you is all." Regina knew it was a lie. She wasn't annoyed she thought it was adorable, but yet again she wasn't going to let Emma know she liked it.

"Oh, well, I'm sorry." Emma's tone is softer and quieter. She's kinda hurt by the statement but tries not to take it too much to heart. Regina sees the look that now takes place on the blondes face and gently places a hand on her shoulder.

"I was kidding, Emma."

"Yeah.." Emma lifts herself off of the plush, beige carpet and walks towards the kitchen. "I'm going to get down water, if you want anything."

"I'm fine, thank you, dear." Emma doesn't look back or respond, she just continues into the kitchen. When Regina is out of sight Emma lets out a sigh she didn't know was within her. She can't believe she let that one little comment effect her so much, but then again she can't believe a lot of things she's feeling right now. Emma grabs a glass from the Cupboard and fills it with ice and water from the fridge. She leans against the counter for a moment to collect herself. Regina comes in as Emma sips her water. She leans against the island counter and places her chin in her hands.

"You okay?" Regina softly asks.

Emma swallows slowly and clears her throat. "Yeah, I'm great?" lie "why?"

"Just making sure. Are you hungry?"

"Kind of."

"Okay, well what would you like?"

Emma smiles softly and shifts on her feet. "Well.."

"Pizza?"

"How'd you know?"

"Henry does the same thing when he wants it, too." Regina picks up the phone and goes to her contacts before selecting the only pizza place in town. She puts the phone up to her ear. "It's cute." Regina smiles and turns her back to Emma as she walks to the Living room. Emma's face becomes a light shade of red at the thought of being "cute." to Regina. She is grasping on to anything, even the littlest of things in hope that Regina maybe, just maybe, feels the same. Regina returns and places her phone on the wooden table near the front door.

"It'll be here in 20."

"Great." Emma smiles softly.

"So.. Go fish?"