For now. Part 2

Emma dozes off for just about 10 minutes when she's awoken to the smell of food cooking. She gets up and falls the smell into the kitchen when she finds Regina cooking.

"Smells good." The darker woman jumps.

"Uh yeah. I'm making chicken stir-fry."

Emma walks over to view the food. Regina glances over at the blonde and gives her a small smile.

"I thought all you could cook was Lasagna and pasta?"

"Well I've learned."

"Oh.. From Robin? I heard he was a good cook."

It takes no Time for Regina to respond. "No actually, I learned for Henry and I. It makes it feel more like a family meal when I cook for us."

Regina turns her back and goes to the other counter and begins to cut more red and green bell peppers. Emma Leans against the counter and just stares at Regina's back. She's confused as to why Regina would barely face her and why she hadn't looked into her eyes when speaking.

"It looks delicious."

"Thank you."

Emma can't do it any more. All she wants to do is kiss Regina- Feel her under her skin. Emma thinks about what she's about to do over and over for only a minute before blurting out Regina's name.

"Regina."

Regina's body tenses up oddly, her eyes move up slowly -staring straight ahead of her- and her hands reluctantly stop cutting.

"Yes?"

"Turn around."

She slowly sets down the knife and turns around, her eyes gazing into blue ones. Emma continues.

"I know that you want you happy ending more than anything."

"I just don't want to get hurt again."

Emma couldn't stop herself. She pushes herself off of the counter and over to the brunette. Her eyes lustfully flick up to meet Regina's brown ones. She places her hands at the back of Regina's neck and hungrily kisses her. The feeling of her lips against her own is something she never would have expected to feel. Regina's shocked by the action but allows herself to move in sync with the blonde. Emma opens her mouth allowing Regina's tongue to invade it. She can't stop the moan that escapes her lips at the feel Of Regina's tongue intertwined with her own. Emma's hand caresses the side of Regina face and fills the kiss with even more passion. Regina pulls back abruptly.

"Emma."

"I- I'm sorry. I shouldn't have." Emma wipes the corner of her mouth and pushes herself away from Regina. She just lets her go not knowing what to do. Emma quickly goes up stairs to the guest bedroom. Regina stands there in utter shock at the events they just took place. She twists the nob of the burner off and the pan on the back burner. She places her hands up to her temples and really try's to think about why Emma would do such a thing. It was obvious why, but Regina had been so oblivious to it. It clicks that what she was writing in the note book may have had something to do with her. She also try's to evaluate her feelings. It's all too much to do at one Time, but she can't leave Emma up there alone all night to be consumed by thoughts that are possibly false. Regina doesn't allow herself to think about it any further. Instead, she goes up to the guest-room and knocks softly on the door.

"Emma.. I.. I want to talk."

There's no response so Regina lets herself in. When she opens the door she seems Emma sitting on the bed, legs crossed, and staring at the door expectantly. Emma looks down at her hands as Regina closes the door and sits on the edge of the bed.

"Regina, I don't know what came over me. It was in-." Regina cuts her off.

"Emma, do you have feelings for me?"
Emma shoots her head up to the brunette; her eyes grow wide at the remark.

"I- I- what're you talking about?"

"Do you have feelings for me? I'm asking it genuinely.. I've never really had a friend that I've gotten close to or allowed in the way I have you. So, maybe I took some of the things between us as friendly when maybe you meant it as more? Correct me if I'm wrong."

"Regina.. I don't know what to say. I.." Emma trails off and her eyes lead up to Regina's. Her blue-grew eyes have a pained look in them, but that soon fades away when Regina leans in and lightly pressed her lips against Emma's. The kiss is soft, and tender. Regina then realizes that maybe she has feelings for Emma too.. Maybe that's why she wanted to kiss her the night they ate the chocolates.. Maybe that's why she was a bit jealous of hook.. Maybe that's why it felt right kissing her. Emma's hand snakes up to Regina's brown locks. She intertwines her fingers in the woman's hair, and brings more passion into the kiss. Emma slowly pulls back and leans her forehead against the darker woman.

"Why did you do that?"

"I'm not good at letting people in, or accepting my feelings, but maybe I have feelings for you too. I just haven't let myself feel them.."

Emma was taken back by Regina's honesty. It was rare for the woman to let her walls down, but for Emma it seems to be happening more and more. Emma caresses the side of Regina's face.

"I wouldn't hurt you."

Unconvinced by the statement, Regina smiles. Emma knows this look.

"I mean that, Regina."

"Everyone says that until there comes a more important rea-."

"Nothing is more important to me."

Emma kisses Regina's cheek. The darker woman nuzzles her face into Emma's neck, trying not to cry from Emma's statement. Regina mumbles something into Emma's shoulder, but the blonde couldn't understand.

"What?"

"Thank you." She repeated.

"Don't thank me."

The two woman finally part. Blue eyes meet brown, and it's as if everything has faded away around them; leaving them together, alone.