Lunch

I'm not incapable of being loved, I'm just having trouble finding the one who can love me properly.. That's all. Regina reassures herself as she's going through the Story book for the third time that afternoon.

In walks Emma who tosses a salad and plastic fork on Regina's desk. Regina doesn't tear her eyes from the book in front of her.

"How's kale salad for lunch?"

"I think someone found somewhere else to eat other than granny's."

"I'm fine with their grilled cheese, but I know it gets to you." Emma says as she struggles to take off the cap to the bottle in her arm.

"You eat like a child." Regina looks up and down before taking a double take as to what Emma is holding.

"Is that a root beer?"

"Yeah," she holds the bottles up. "I thought you could use a break."

"From what dead end after dead end?"

"It's only been a few weeks, Regina. You'll find your happy ending."

"Exactly and I've conquered entire realms in less time."

"Well, how about you start with these bottles. Can you get the lids off? I thought they were twist offs." Emma try's to twist the cap off again.

"Does it look like I can pry them off with my teeth? I'm a queen and a bit more refined."

Emma smiles at the remark as she heads to the small desk against the wall.

"There's gotta be one in here."

"Emma wait."

Before Regina can stop her she has already opened the drawer that has the reassembled picture of her and robin.

"Where'd this come from?"

Regina flinches at the question as her eyes film with tears.

"Robin found it.. It just appeared in his bag when he needed it most. He thought it was a sign of hope, turns out it was just a cruel joke."

She sets the page back in the drawer before closing it. Emma walks over to the darker woman. She sets the bottles down before placing her hand on her shoulder. The action startles the brunette at first.

"Hey.. You'll get your happy ending. I told you Regina, I'm not stopping until you do."

"Thank you.. Miss.Swan."

"For now let's deal with a big issue at hand."

"Which is?"

"There was no bottle opener and I was super excited about the root-beer." Emma practically whines out.

"And here I was thinking Henry was the only child." Regina flicks her wrist and the caps to the Root Beers pop off.

"Thank you." Emma hands a bottle to Regina. She thought about rejecting the carbonated drink, but decided against it because it was a kind gesture for Emma to do so anyways. She smiles and takes a small sip before setting the brown, glass bottle on her desk. She sighs out and closes the book.

"How many times have you gone through that book since I saw you yesterday?"

"Would you like the honest answer?"

"Why else would I ask?"

"Well, if you must know. Approximately 12 times or so."

"Regina, there's nothing in the book to find that we haven't already."

"I know, but it's the only hope I have right now, other than the mansion but that will take forever to go through."

"Then I'll help you."

"Miss.Swan, that isn't necessary. I could just have Henry help me."

"You really think a teenage boy is going to want to spend his Saturday helping you go through a dusty house in search of something that may not be there?"

"I suppose you do have point. Very well then, are you free tonight? Or do you and your pirate mascot have plans?"

Emma laughs at the remarks.

"No actually, hook and I aren't on the greatest terms at the moment."

"May I ask why?"

"It's complicated."

"I understand, but what could be more complicated than your boyfriend leaving town with his wife who came from back from the past who had her heart frozen by an ice queen. Honestly, Emma, you've been supportive of me even though I almost killed you, the least I can do is be here now."

"That's sweet of you, Regina. I just.. I don't know. He's been off since the whole thing with Gold. I confronted him about it and he just told me I was over reacting. So, I told him when he wanted to talk about it he could call me. He hasn't called me in 2 days."

"It's understandable that he would be shaken up from that, I mean having your heart ripped out and being controlled with it is a traumatic thing. Though, it has been 6 weeks since it happened. I'm not sure what it could be Emma, I would be surprised if it were still about Gold, though I may be wrong."

"Well, yes. You're right. I don't know. I'll give him his space. So, about tonight, when would you like to meet?" Emma sips the last of her root beer.

"Well, we need to figure out arrangements for Henry for the night."

"Mary Margret I mean my mom wouldn't mind I'm sure. I know Henry wouldn't mind he loves her cooking."

"I supposed that would be okay for the night, that is if she doesn't mind."

"She won't. I'll swing by and get Henry from Pinocchio's after here, tell him the plan, and swing by your place to get him so clothes for the night before taking him to my place. Then I can get things for the night and that gives you time to get packed up here and get your things as well."

"Sounds like a plan."

"Okay then, I'll see you at say 6:30?"

"Very well then, Emma, I'll see you at 6:30."

Emma gathers the trash from their afternoon soirée and let's herself out. Emma can't help but feel happy that tonight is happening. She feels a step closer to finding Regina's happy ending. Knowing that she can help Regina be happy again makes her happy, and not just in a simple way, but she wants to make Regina happy in every way. She doesn't really know what that means at this point but she soon will.