The Journal

"We'll probably be done tomorrow afternoon, there was a lot more to be done than we expected." Regina runs her fingers through the boys wavy brown hair.

"I figured y'all wouldn't be finished today. The library is big."

"Yes, well Henry, we're moving as fast as we can."

"I know mom. I was just saying. Call me when you guys are done tomorrow?"

"I'll do you one better, kid" Emma butts in, "I'll bring you chocolate glazed donuts." She winks at the boy.

"Cool, thanks mom."

"Mhm." Emma nods. Regina is glaring at Emma, because she knows that he will already be eating unhealthily while staying with her parents, and she is just adding to it. Emma shrugs at the darker women.

"We better get going, kid. We still have a lot to do. Tell mom I said thank you when she gets back from the store."

"I will."

The women embrace their child before leaving the quaint condo and entering the yellow bug. The drive to the house is silent but not awkward. As soon as they get there they get to work. They make another large dent in the books, finding nothing. They stop at 6 both from mental exhaustion and hunger.

"I need a drink." Emma pushes the books aside and stands up. She looks around to take In the amount of work they've gotten done. She half smiles at their work.

"As do I, dear."

"Join me?" Emma motions to Regina who stands as well. The two women go down the the kitchen where they gather the wine and glasses. Regina pours a generous mount of the the red liquid into each glass. She hands one glass to Emma and sips from her own. Regina accompanies Emma on the couch sitting with her back against the arm and her legs crossed and hooked to the side. Emma sips her drink.

"I'm sorry we haven't found anything, Regina. I know how bad you want this."

"It's not your fault, Swan," she takes a rather large gulp of the bitter sweet liquid. "I do want this, that much is true but I'll be okay. Thank you, for being here and helping me."

"Of course, Regina. You know I will always help you with anything I can."

"That what friends are for."

Emma looks into her glass as she takes in the statement "friends." For some reason the simple word irks her. The word is to simple to classify what she is- wants to be to Regina. She doesn't know exactly what it is but she doesn't want to be just her friend.

"What is it, dear?" Regina breaks Emma from her thoughts. She gazes at Emma, her brown eyes boring heavily into Emma.

"Oh, what? Nothing." Emma mumbles and finish off her glass before reaching to pour herself another.

"You've seemed.. Off today. Tell me, Swan, what is bothering you this much?"

"I'm just.. Confused is all."

"About?" Regina looks quizzically at Emma.

"It's complicated."

"I see.." Regina breaths in heavily. "Emma, I just want you to know that you can come to me about what ever it is when you're ready. I know I've put a lot on you."

"I can't really do that with this.. I don't even know what this is."

"Maybe try to write out how you feel." Regina flicks her wrist and a Pen and notebook appear on the coffee table in front of them. "I'm not saying now, but maybe tonight."