Chapter Thirteen

I really didn't know what to say when he told me that, I mean sure I was surprised but like any good mistress or girlfriend on the side I just said ok then pretty much jumped him, not wanting to get into it more than I had too.

Another weird thing that happened today was that Blake told me he was also going to be at that party, apparently his good friend is the older brother of the guy throwing it, a guy who was Brody's age as well.

We spent the day lounging around his place, I wore his clothing, which he told me looked a lot better on me than him, so I was now keeping them. He told me more about his life growing up and what he was like at school, I could have guessed he was a jock type, but he was adamant he didn't screw around a lot, I didn't believe him but he promised me he didn't.

He then asked questions about what I was like in school, having to sit there and watch as he laughed at me when I told him I was a complete math geek. I wasn't the nerd but I was book smart.

He also proved that in fact could cook and quite well, cooking us lunch and dinner, not letting me help so I sat watching as he worked his magic around the kitchen.

The only downer for that day we spent together was getting dropped back off at home an hour before Brody was due to pick me up. I don't think he was too happy about me hanging out with his little brother but he didn't tell me not to go.

A part of me kinda hoped he did.

“another drink?” Brody asked, I took my eyes off the blazing fire and looked up at him, the glow of the night sky slightly outlining his face.

“sure” I grinned, I had been sitting here staring off into space for the past twenty minutes, wearing thick black leggings, dark brown almost knee high flat boots, a long blue top that covered my ass and a thick coat jacket, I had prepared myself for freezing night of drinking.

Brody took my hand and pulled me up “come with me so I don't get lost” he laughed slightly.

“and you think that me coming as well will help with directions?” I grabbed his elbow hoping not to trip over in grassy paddocks, yes we were out in the freaking bush land.

“well if two of us get lost we can keep each other company” he wiggled his brows suggestively as I gave him an eye roll.

Ten minutes of wandering around and using our phones to guide us we found his tent with the alcohol, did I mention we were spending the night? well we were, he had failed to mention that tiny detail until we turned up here. It was also meant to rain and thunder later on in the evening so his tent better not leak or he would know about it.

“you better have packed a blanket for me tonight” I grumbled as we made our way back to the others, there was around 20 people sitting around the bon fire, some of them making out and heading to the tents to have sex, others talking and laughing as they got even more drunk.

“don't worry you'll have me to keep you warm” he tossed his arm around me, somehow it just didn't feel the same as Blake's.

That was another thing I needed to stop doing, comparing everything to Blake, I needed to remember that him and I were just sex and nothing else, as much as I would possibly love to call him my boyfriend, he wasn't, he was in love with someone else and going to marry her in eight months.

A couple guys walked over to us and Brody leaned down “play along with me” he whispered before the guys gave him a nod and then flashing me their pearly whites when the reached us “Seth” one of the men grinned.

“Alex” I smiled back, he looked vaguely familiar but I didn't know if that was from the alcohol or seeing him in the bar.

“didn't know you had a woman Brody, I'm Tim” the other guy smirked.