Stalker (2022)

Returning to an eerily empty hotel after a day of filming, young actress, Rose Hepburn, finds herself suspended on the twelfth floor of an old freight elevator, trapped dangerously high with an unwanted companion

Returning to an eerily empty hotel after a day of filming, young actress, Rose Hepburn, finds herself suspended on the twelfth floor of an old freight elevator, trapped dangerously high with an unwanted companion. Left with no phone signal as a storm approaches, and with no other way to reach hotel staff, tensions escalate and suspicions rise when Rose discovers the identity of the mysterious man is Daniel Reed, a camera operator who is seemingly obsessed with her.
- Rotten Tomatoes

******
This movie is a big MEH for me.

Sure, the twist in the end revealed that the lady was actually the real stalker, not the nerdy-looking bespectacled guy (or maybe he was also a stalker, but not the killer one), but I kinda somehow already expecting that twist from the get-go. The poster even says as a subtitle; Who is the hunter? Kind of interesting plot, but boring dialogues (though I applaud the great performance of the two main actors). I was struggling to keep from falling asleep the entire time.

And, seriously, a phone app that can control an entire elevator with just a couple of clicks? Who was she, anyway? A cousin of Tony Stark? And the whole hotel was conveniently empty, as expected, with no one left in the main desk to monitor the incoming/outcoming people, and of course, the CCTV (useless!) So she intelligently planned all of that just so she could kill the nerdy guy? Cute.

Even if the guy was a pervert, I don't think he deserved to die that way. Why do I feel like the writers of this movie are bunch of man-haters? It seems like this movie is some kind of a "woke" film. A feminist propaganda. An attempt to show how "girl power" really rocks? And that men, especially perverted ones, deserve to die horribly and painfully?

I feel like I just wasted my valuable time watching this. And writing a review about this movie is just only me being generous (and I feel I'm also wasting my time writing this down).

THIS MOVIE IS 2/10 FOR ME.