Tusk (2014)

Tusk is a 2014 American horror comedy film written and directed by Kevin Smith, based on a story from his SModcast podcast

Tusk is a 2014 American horror comedy film written and directed by Kevin Smith, based on a story from his SModcast podcast. The film stars Michael Parks, Lily-Rose Depp, Justin Long, Haley Joel Osment, and Genesis Rodriguez. The film is the first in Smith's planned True North trilogy, followed by Yoga Hosers (2016).[2][3]
- Wikipedia

******

Goodness! This movie is so freaking creepy as hell. Imagine yourself being turned into a human walrus, and forced to act and live like a walrus. What could possibly be worse that that? As ever, Justin Long's performance in this depraved story is phenomenal. I really could feel his fear, revulsion, and sheer hatred toward the old man who made him that way. It was so satisfying to see Wallace (Justin)  kill that crazy old bastard with his own two tusks.

By the way; Wallace. Walrus. Walrus. Wallace. Cute!

I almost forgot that this movie is supposed to be a horror comedy. And, truly, I laughed at some of Johnny Depp's funny scenes. His character in this was so hilarious, as always. I can't unsee him as Jack Sparrow. He will always be Jack Sparrow.

Some critics panned this movie for having an inconsistent tone. But I think they forgot the fact that this is a horror comedy movie, and of course, there would be some funny scenes in it, duh! Though I should say I would have preferred Tusk to be an entirely horror movie without a comedy, because it really was terrifying and would absolutely give some people a nightmare. I love and hate this movie at the same time. My mind was really fucked up by this movie, seriously.

It is just sad that in the end, they let Wallace go on living. Or did Wallace beg to be kept alive? Isn't being dead with dignity more preferable than living like a monster walrus? Why would they prolong Wallace's suffering? By the way, why did they put Wallace in an exotic animal zoo? Why would they treat him as an animal? He was not an animal! They should have known better. So they just brought him in there, and the zoo keeper saw Wallace and exclaimed "Oh, that really is an exotic animal. A hideous-looking walrus. Here, let me take it." What a joke! They could have at least put Wallace out of his misery (as long as Wallace agreed, of course), or they could have brought him to a hospital and do some surgical operation so he can be brought back to his old self, even if not completely. What was they thinking? I almost laugh when Ally (Wallace's cheating girlfriend) threw a fish at him. I mean, what the hell! She could have at least fried it. He was still human, girl. He could even still drink his favorite soda (which could be seen lying empty near the entrance of his pen. Hell, who gave him that, anyway?) This is so frustrating.

The way Wallace looked at the camera while shedding a tear or two was very saddening and depressing. He was still human. And in that brief moment he remember what he really was. And by God, his wails! So traumatizing. They always send shivers down my spine whenever I hear them. Truly spine-tingling. A fate worse than death itself.

MORAL LESSONS OF THE STORY:
1) Don't turn people into walruses. You're not God.
2) If you want a walrus for a pet, just buy one.

THIS MOVIE IS 8/10 FOR ME.