Happy Death Day (2017)

Happy Death Day is a 2017 American black comedy slasher film directed by Christopher Landon, and written by Scott Lobdell

Happy Death Day is a 2017 American black comedy slasher film directed by Christopher Landon, and written by Scott Lobdell. It stars Jessica Rothe and Israel Broussard. The film was produced by Jason Blum through his Blumhouse Productions banner, in association with Digital Riot Media and Vesuvius Productions. It follows a college student who is murdered on the night of her birthday and begins reliving the day repeatedly, at which point she sets out to find the killer and stop her death.
-Wikipedia

******
This movie has a VERY interesting plot and really piqued on my interest. A brilliant film. Though I'll admit, before watching this film I was a bit skeptical about it, because I really don't like the poster (find it a bit corny and exaggerating). Turns out I was just being a judgmental moron. Moral lesson: don't judge a movie by its poster. I'm glad I was wrong. (Hooray!)

Like I said, this movie has an interesting plot. The main character named Tree has been "trapped" in a seemingly endless loop. Whenever she is killed by an unknown perpetrator, she always wakes up on a bed in a stranger's room. As time goes by, she finally figures out she can only end the cycle if she manages to subdue, or kill her killer before it kills her "again". Seriously, I can see so many loopholes on the plot, but hell, this is just a movie, and we don't have to think about it that much. Just enjoy the ride.

As usual, the killer almost always the one who you least expect it to be. Turns out Tree's killer is none other than her seemingly sweet roommate, Lori. It is revealed that she secretly hates Tree because her lover, an already married doctor, choses Tree over her. So she plots to kill Tree by offering her a home-made cupcake laced with poison. When her evil plan fails, Lori dresses up as a guy wearing a Baby mask, stalks and fatally stabs Tree in the head. That is the exact time the mysterious loop starts. The rest is history. Eventually, Tree manages to kill Lori, thus, ending the endless loop. Piece of cupcake!

I really like the recurrence of the scene where Tree wakes up on a stranger's bed (which is Carter's, who would eventually be her love interest). The scene is really repetitive, but truly enjoyable (and laughable, as well). I just love it when Tree is so fed up by what's happening on her. Her face is so cute! I couldn't blame Carter for falling in love on her.

Lori has a very dumb reason to kill Tree, but if we'll think about it, almost all killer do. They kill only for fun, for self-gratification. And sometimes, no reason at all, whatsover. And that's the scariest part. They just want to kill. Because they were born to do so.

I really like this movie. Scary and funny most of the time. This is the kind of movie that I would love to watch over and over again.

THIS MOVIE IS A 9/10 FOR ME.