19. Pillow Fight Delight

Finished - December 8, 2022

Word Count - 2909

Music - Reverie - BrunuhVille

********************************

Within the darkness of his bedroom, Bakugo slowly woke up. It was very normal for him to get up before the sun had risen, in fact he hadn't slept in since he was a child.

Because of his determination and driving complex, his brain kept him from resting properly. Once he is awake, his mind won't relax. He must always be moving, improving and constantly training.

Though this particular morning felt different, he felt warmer, safer somehow. As if a weight was pushing him further into bed, causing him to actually want to stay.

Bakugo lifted his head up to look at his bedside clock, as usual, his internal timer woke him up at 4:08 am sharp.

Upon his inspection, he remembered the events of last night and examined the extra person in his bed. Takari had spent the night in his room, in his bed, in his arms. He breathed in satisfaction as he realized it was not a dream. It was real.

Takari laid sideways, tucked into a slight ball with her back against his chest. Her head rested on top of Bakugo's left bicep as it stretched out beyond, his right arm wrapped over her ribs and under her arm. She then used her right arm to hold his arm in place, like it was one of her stuffed animals.

The position was intimate and gloriously comfortable. Instead of jumping directly out of bed, he laid back down and pulled Takari an inch closer. He didn't want to wake her up, so he made his movements small and slow.

With the added presence, Bakugo had a reason to stay in bed. To finally rest without guilt. Though he probably wouldn't be able to fall back asleep, he still stayed. Glued to Takari's sleeping frame, he observed this new version of her.

He had seen her asleep before, but this was different. She looked serene and completely content. Her eyes shut and lips slightly parted as she breathed through her nose. One of her legs had found its way on top of the covers and tucked up into her chest slightly.

Bakugo's eyes traveled to every inch of her, wanting to remember every detail about that moment. As his eyes wandered lower, he noticed a patch of discolored skin peeking out from the bottom of her black shorts. He remembered that this was the same place Takari would fidget when she wore shorter skirts, the constant motion of pulling it down.

In the forest she had hinted to having some kind of childhood accident, but she never went into detail of the event. Only about a centimeter of it was visible from his position, so he couldn't see it clearly. But he put the pieces together that it was probably an old scar.

By this time, he could see the light of the sun finally starting to show through his window. He didn't have any curtains on his windows because he had no use for them. He always woke up before the sun rose and he usually dressed himself in the bathroom. Therefore he didn't see the pressing need to cover the windows.

One more glance at the clock proved that it was just about 6:30 am, which meant that this was the first time Bakugo had stayed in bed until the sun came up.

He didn't feel rushed or guilty about staying in bed, instead he felt refreshed. Ready to kill that exam at the end of the week, he was pumped full of energy.

The sun rose higher and brightened the room with its morning rays. Which woke up a cranky Allira, who was much less thrilled about the appearance of the sun and wished it would go bad down.

As many knew, Allira was not a morning person. She was the type to hop out of bed with a smile, or great everyone good morning. All mornings were torture.