18. A Big Step

Finished - December 5, 2022

Word Count - 2568

Music - Eternal Sorrow - two Steps From Hell

********************************

With the new semester, came new exams. The month was only February and the U.A. students were already deep into studying. This meant; more caffeine, more trips to the library and very little sleep. Stress was a disease that infected everyone in the dorm, spreading through each student as the exam drew closer.

Sprawled across the floor, several students gathered in the common room to study together. Each accompanied by textbooks, note cards, pencils, loose papers and much needed cups of coffee.

Todoroki, Denki,Takari, Bakugo,Yaoyorozu, Ashido, Kiriskima, Ida, Uraraka and Midorya had been studying for hours. Their efforts turned into exhaustion.

Denki and Ashido complained about their low grades, wishing they hadn't missed so many previous assignments. While Yaoyorozu scolded them for their unprofessional habits. Though, this didn't stop her from helping them study.

Upon the carpet laid Bakugo and Takari. The two students shared a single set of earbuds, listening to the loud music Bakugo enjoyed so much. They laid face down on the floor, noses deep within their textbooks.

Though the black tea Takari had been drinking did nothing to keep her awake. The girl's head bobbed up and down and she attempted to keep her eyes open. The late nights and long hours took their toll upon their sleep schedules.

Bakugo was drawn from his concentration to observe Takari's struggle to stay awake. His mind turned from his note cards to watch as Takari's white eyelashes fluttered up and down in drowsiness.

He realized that this might be a recurring habit for Takari, to fall asleep in inappropriate places. Though he didn't have any arguments, Bakugo was quite enjoying the image of her falling asleep next to him.

In addition, Takari was laying extremely close to him, their hips and legs touching all the way down. The position was comfortable and not too mushy for his subconscious aversion of pda. This way he was not ashamed to occasionally rub her back, hold her hand, smell her hair or pull her closer.

Bakugo was always very physically driven, his love language demanded physical touch. Though he'd never had an outlet before. His parents weren't quite the affectionate type and he definitely wasn't going to ask anyone. But with Takari, he allowed himself to fill his love tank.

Slowly, Takari's head drifted lower and finally hit the floor softly. Her cheek squished against the carpet and glasses pressed awkwardly into her face.

The sight caused Bakugo to chuckle, how she looked so exhausted and sweet.

Bakugo reached out carefully and took the glasses from her face. He pulled them gently out of the way and rested them upon one of her notebooks.

The action was not surprising to the rest of the room. They had seen plenty of tender encounters over the last few weeks. Everyone in the dorm knew about their relationship and they seemed genuinely happy for them both.

Since he had just witnessed Takari' slumber, Bakugo too was growing drowsy. Seeing her asleep gave him the desire to sleep as well.

Plus, he wasn't able to focus on his studies anymore anyway. Not with Takari sleeping so close to him, not when she scooted closer to him, not when she absentmindedly wrapped her hand around his arm.

He definitely wasn't concentrating on his homework now.

"Hey wake up, I'm tired of you snoring on me." Bakugo's voice was loud, but his action stayed gentle.