8. Chaos in the Kitchen

Finished - September 21, 2022

Word Count - 5837

Music - Wolfborn - BrunuhVille

********************************

Considering the restless night, Allira woke up late. Her tired eyes could barely read the clock beside her bed, even with her glasses, she was too tired to read the fuzzy numbers. The first night in a new place was always restless. No matter how many times she experienced it, it always took several days to accumulate to a new environment.

The light blinded her sensitive pupils as she drew back the curtains, the sun high in the sky. It must have been late morning, maybe even early afternoon. She probably slept in, though it didn't seem to help her from feeling tired.

Allira was never a morning person, she valued her sleep. Though, she rarely got a full eight hours.

It was very normal for her to stay up late, not able to calm her mind when it was dark. Then she would finally force herself to sleep around 3:00am, only to be exhausted in the morning. Probably because she ran on a constant 4 hours of sleep almost every day.

This brought her mind to the next topic, and solution to her predicament. Or rather, her addiction and only coping mechanism to stay awake during the day.

Tea.

Allira was obsessed with tea. Herbal tea, loose leaf, black tea, milk tea, matcha, chai, tea latte's, ect. She never failed to start her mornings with a hot cup of tea. Within her desk, laid a secret stash of her private collection of tea bags. She wasn't sure if she trusted her classmates not to steal from it, therefore she decided not to keep it in the public kitchen.

Oh, public kitchen. That meant that Allira had to drag herself out of bed, into real clothes and socialize if she wanted her tea.

With a dramatic groan she flopped out of bed and put on some of her new clothes from the mall. The black crop top and highwaisted skirt quickly became her favorite items to wear. They were comfortable and super cute.

She didn't bother wearing shoes, but she did wear her black tights to hide the scar on her upper thigh. Her skirt was probably long enough to cover it, but she wasn't taking any chances.

Before heading down the stairs, she grabbed a large flannel and hung it around her waist. Allira always ran cold and knew she wouldn't want to climb up the three flights of stairs again.

Upon the main level, she was thankful that there weren't many people there. Midoriya, Kirishima and Shinso were talking in a circle by the kitchen. Large gym bags laid at their feet, they must have just come back from working out. Yikes, how early did they have to wake up?

"Good morning Takari." Midoriya waved his hand to her before she even took the last step down the stairs.

"Hey, look who is finally awake. You must have been out." Kirishima laughed, trying to start up a conversation.

Allira held up a finger, which silenced the boys immediately. "Tea."

Kirishima and Midoriya looked at each other, both confused.

"Tea. Then talk." Allira held up her secret tea collection and moved past them, to the kitchen. She didn't mean to be rude, but she was in no condition to socialize yet.

The boys both laughed and seemed to understand.

"Not a morning person huh." Kirishima folded his arms with a laugh.

"Sorry about that Takari, it's the first morning. Guess I'm just a bit excited." Midoriya scratched the back of his head with a receded smile.

Allira filled the water kettle and set it on the stove, boiling water was crucial for any tea. While she continued to prepare her beverage, Shinso joined Kirishima and Midoriya at the kitchen bar. Each sat in the stools against the high counter to watch her and possibly conversate.