|6| All Because Of a Stupid Kiss.

|Story Start| 

|Rosalie Burns|

When I woke up I felt unnaturally content. I smiled and snuggled closer to my pillow “So… comfy” I murmured happily. My pillow chuckled “Glad you think so” its amused voice said. My eyes shot open and I let out a small squeal when I saw Asher’s handsome face staring directly at me. Somehow during the night I had managed to use his chest as a pillow and our legs were a tangled mess under the covers.

I scrambled to sit up and blushed furiously “Erm… good morning” I muttered embarrassed. Asher laughed and pulled me back down “Good morning Rosalie” he murmured against my head. I felt myself blush again and quickly moved to put a little distance between us, Asher frowned at my actions. To my brain he was still a stranger and I was still a little skeptic about this mate thing, I didn’t want to rush into things and get my heartbroken but my heart… my heart wanted me to leap into his arms and let him have his wicked way with me. 

That wasn’t going to happen. I was still a virgin and planned on staying one for a while. I would be smart about this, plus there’s the oncoming war to think about as well…

“Erm… sorry for last night” I apologized nervously, the memories from last night started to come up and my eyes started to water. Asher shook his head “Shh, it’s okay sweetheart. Don’t cry we can talk about this later okay?” he said as he pulled me in for a hug, so much for keeping a distance. Because instead of pulling away I just nodded my head and snuggled closer into his chest. This was nice, being in comforting arms. It reminded me of my boys and how much I missed them 

But of course at that exact moment my stomach wanted to imitate a dying walrus and made this ugly and loud noise.

I blushed when Asher pulled away to give me an amused look. “Hungry?” he asked as he easily scooped me up and brought me over to the bathroom. He set me on the counter and began to rummage around in the cupboard until he found something. “Here’s a toothbrush, the toothpaste is in the cabinet behind you and you can go and pick out something of mine to wear” he told me. I nodded my head “Okay, thank you Asher” I answered shyly. Asher grinned “I’ll be downstairs making breakfast, be careful when you come down the stairs. I’ll see you soon Rosalie” he said before kissing my forehead and exiting the room. 

Without a shirt.

Oh hot damn. 

I couldn’t help but stare as he left and when he was gone I was still in a slight daze. I sat there in Rosie land for a minute before I shook my head and started to brush my teeth. After that I splashed some water on my face and moved towards the bedroom to get some clothes. I took off my current clothes and rummaged through Asher’s drawer until I found some plain black boxers and slipped them on before walking over to the closet. I found a button up shirt and proceeded to put that on, but you know those pictures on the internet how those girls make shirts/ dresses from wearing their boyfriends shirts?

Well that’s what I did. 

Not that Asher was my boyfriend.

Just my kidnapper.

Yup, that's all he was- my kidnapper nothing else.

After one more glance in the mirror I started to make my way downstairs. When I reached the kitchen I found Asher cooking at the stove- with a shirt on, that kind of made me sad but the food, it smelled heavenly. “That smells good” I commented as I hopped onto the counter next to him, watching as he made pancakes, there were already scrambled eggs and bacon on the table. Asher shot me a grin “Thanks sweetheart” he replied.