|3| You Gave Me A What?!

Dedicated to pandacocochocolic for being such a wonderful person, thanks for all the votes, comments, and lovely conversations, and of course following, I really appreciate it!

|Story Start| 

|Rosalie Burns|

I stared at the golden eyed boy that was standing on the other side of the jail cell looking absolutely livid. His toned body was shaking and his eyes held pure and complete anger “WHY THE FUCK IS MY MATE TIED UP?” he seethed out, turning his gaze to the man next to him who looked scared shitless, even Lena looked slightly afraid of her brother. The guy visibly gulped but kept his gaze on his alpha “Well… um Alpha Asher, she’s a Burns-” the guy started off but Asher cut him off “I don’t give a shit, give me the keys to the cell now Noah!!!” he alpha ordered.

Well at least I can stop calling Noah ‘the guy’ and call him… well Noah.

Noah quickly scurried away to grab the keys I presume. Asher’s shaking stopped slightly and he turned to face me again. As much as I wanted to look away I found that I couldn’t, his gaze was addicting. His golden eyes were so alluring and breathtaking and oddly enough I didn’t want to look away. “Beautiful…” he breathed out as his eyes drank up my form. I blushed and averted my eyes; I noticed his hands were turning white from holding the bars too tightly.

The jangling of keys snapped us from our reverie and I noticed Noah had come back and with trembling hands was opening the jail cell. Once it was opened Asher shoved him aside and was in front of me in a mere 5 seconds. He quickly started to unbound me from the chair and tingles spread through my body as his hands brushed my bare skin. I heard him growl when he saw the rope burns and cuts on my wrists. 

As soon as I was unbound I found myself engulfed in his warm embrace. Asher’s head nuzzled into my neck and I swear I heard him purr. I stood as stiff as a statue as his arms tightened and he inhaled my scent. “Mine” he growled pressing a soft kiss against my neck, I shivered. His touch sent sparks through me and I really had no idea what to do so I just stood there and let him embrace me. I breathed deeply and immediately a woodsy masculine scent attacked my nose, I immediately fell in love with the smell and pressed my face deeper into Asher’s chest.

I heard him growl and suddenly I was swept off my feet and in his arms bridal style. My arms immediately wrapped around his neck, afraid that I might fall. I heard him chuckle and the sound made me shiver in delight “Don’t worry little hunter, I won’t let you fall” his husky voice whispered. I gulped and shook my head “Are you going to let me go home?” I asked, keeping my eyes straight but my tone firm as he started to walk out of the jail cell with Lena and Noah trailing behind.

“Now why would I do that?” his alluring tone asked. I shivered when his breath touched my neck; I almost melted in his arms. Key words being almost, I shook my head and made myself focus; I was a hunter, maybe not a very good one, but still a hunter. I didn’t belong here, we came from totally different worlds. “Because I need to go home” I told him. He chuckled “I don’t think so sweetheart, you are mine.” He said possessively, putting an emphasis on the word mine. 

I huffed, I was not a possession and I didn’t belong to anybody.

We reached the door and once we stepped outside I was immediately hit with the night’s cool breeze. I squirmed in Asher’s arms and made him put me on the ground. He raised a brow and crossed is arms, letting a smirk play at his lips. Daring me to make my next move, I released an annoyed sign. How the hell am I supposed to leave now?

“Okay Number One: Nobody OWNS me, I own myself. And Number Two: I am going to go home” I stated in a defiant tone before starting to walk away. I paused for a second and turned back to take in their shocked faces, I gave a small smile and called out “Thank you for not killing me, I appreciate that but I really have to get going. Goodbye.” Then I turned back around and continued to move closer to the forest.