Those Almost Perfect Moments

12:43 a.m.

Ally knew what time it was because there was a clock across the room under Austin's TV. She looked at the clock because she never wanted to forget this moment. She woke up leaning on Austin (a.k.a. the love of her life), then he leaned down and kissed the top of her head. It was just so subtly perfect, it stood out against all of her troubles, like a lone ray of sunshine in a dark forest. Austin liked her.

She could tell Austin was already asleep when she had whispered back to him in the darkness. But that was okay, because she had a feeling it would be awkward if he found out she was awake. How long could the two of them go, she wondered, without admitting their feelings? Tonight was a definite start, but they only had three months. Part of her, the sensible side, almost didn't want her to be with Austin, because she would just be broken-hearted in the end, having to leave him forever.

The majority of her, however, felt so happy when he was around. Like now, against his shoulder, she had never felt so content.

But then the thought of what she had done earlier finally came back to haunt her. She had never snapped at her father like that before, or anyone, in her life. What if he was furious with her? What if he did something terrible, like kicked her out of the house? Okay, she knew she was overreacting, but she was normally a very good kid, and had never been punished before. All of her thoughts rushed through her head so fast that soon enough, she too was asleep.

The next morning Ally awoke still next to Austin. She smiled to herself, then looked up at him. He was awake! She quickly sat up and lifted her head, blushing. She noticed his cheeks were a little red, too. He gave her a small smile. They didn't say anything for awhile, just sat there on the couch, looking into each others eyes.

"Did you sleep well?" Austin asked, his gaze not wavering from Ally's face.  

"As well as I could with everything that happened," she replied, her eyes shining. Their faces were already close. Now the space between them grew smaller and smaller. And then the telephone rang. They both backed away, and Austin reached over to answer it.

"Hello? Oh, hi Mr. Dawson," Austin said, giving Ally a look. "Yeah she's here at my house. No she's fine. Okay I'll tell her. Bye." he hung up.

"I feel terrible for worrying him," Ally said anxiously. Austin shook his head.

"Don't feel too bad, he didn't seem that upset with you. He just wanted to make sure you didn't like run away and hop on a train to Arkansas or anything."

"Did he say that?" Ally asked critically.

"Well no, but it seems like a logical reason to call..." he explained. Ally rolled her eyes.

"Oh Austin. But seriously, I wasn't very nice to my dad last night. I just kinda...snapped."

"Hey Ally, don't stress. It's normal to get angry with your parents," Austin assured.

"Not for me!"

"Ally, you are, and will always be, hopelessly good."

"Is being good really so bad?" she asked innocently. Now it was his turn to roll his eyes. 

"But seriously Ally, I think you should go talk to your dad." Austin said.

"But...what if he's mad at me? Or what if I get mad at him again?" Ally wondered.

"Do you want me to come with you?" he suggested.

"That's sweet of you to offer, and as much as I appreciate what a supportive friend you are, I think this is something I need to for myself." Ally politely declined. They both stood up at the same time.

"Good luck Ally," Austin said smiling.

"See ya later Austin. And thanks for making me feel better last night. You really are a true...friend." 

She hugged him tightly, and he hugged her back. They stood there in each others arms for a minute, then realizing what they were doing, pulled apart. But just like before, they were looking into each others eyes.

You know he likes you because of last night...this could be what you've been waiting for. But what if its not everything you've dreamed? And if you have to move, you'll lose it all.

"I, uh, I should probably go," Ally whispered nervously. She could see the disappointment he was trying to hide in his eyes. But her sensibility, and her cowardliness just had to get the best of her. "Thanks again Austin. Bye." She walked out the door, leaving Austin to stare at the space where she had been.

"Bye Ally."

Ally felt like the universe was teasing her, giving her a glimpse of bliss and then pulling the shades back down. It wasn't fair, any of it. Her possibility of having to move, all the times she and Austin could've had a moment...

___________________________________________________________________________

Okay I'm really sorry for that not so good and really short chapter, but I was having bad writers block,  'cuz like I know where I want my story to go, but how to get there...my mind is kind of blank right now.  So this chapter is really just a filler, and probably one of the worst chapters I've ever written in any story, but oh well. And if there's the slight chance that you do like this chapter (if you do you're probably being too nice) you know the drill: vote, comment, fan, I will love you forever.