Confessions

"Okay, Ally," Trish said. "I know you, and I can tell you're thinking about something. Something big." Ally refused to meet Trish's gaze as she traced a circle on the ground with the tip of her shoe. "C'mon. The last time you kept your thoughts to yourself, the two of us ended up stranded in the middle of a lake."

"Um Trish? I'm pretty sure that one was your fault. Remember how you lied about your life guarding skills?" Ally asked, finally looking up.

"It wasn't a lie! They didn't ask if I knew how to swim! They asked if I'd had any previous life guarding experience!

"Trish, I'm pretty sure babysitting your five year old cousin in a hot tub doesn't count as 'previous life guarding experience'"

"Well then they should have said so on the application...hey, that's not important right now! So spill." Trish pushed Ally down into a chair.

"Weeell.." Ally began. "I've kind of had this feeling for a while, but...I just didn't really understand what it meant. When I hugged Austin a few minutes ago, it kind of felt...different somehow. I think I like Austin. A lot." Trish's face broke out in a smile.

"I knew it!" she exclaimed. "I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!" Ally looked concerned.

"Was I that obvious? Oh, no. Do you think he could tell? How could everyone know but me? Does this mean-" Ally gripped at her hair. Trish rolled her eyes.

"Chill. I can only tell because we've been friends for so long. I doubt Austin knows. And Allison! We broke the hair-chewing habit!"

"I wasn't chewing! I was about to, but I controlled my instincts! And sorry, I'm just nervous. Remember when I liked Dallas?"

"You made it kinda hard to forget, all those times you went on and on about how his-"

"Thank you for that Trish," Ally interrupted. "Anyways, even when I liked Dallas, I didn't ever feel this...this..."

"In love?" Trish supplied. Ally narrowed her eyes.

"You're not helping. At all."

"But I'm also right." Trish stated.

"No comment. I mean, I hardly ever really knew Dallas, but with Austin, we've known each other for like a year now. And lately, when I'm with him, he just makes me feel really happy. Alive. Dallas never made me feel that way. And that's how I can tell that I like him. If that even remotely makes any sense."

"All I'm hearing is that we found you a new boyfriend!" Trish exclaimed, her voice full of excitement.

"Trish!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay Dez, you rushed me half a mile to your house while pressing a tub of margarine to my back. What's up?"

"I'm worried about you, bro." Austin frowned.

"Worried about me? Why? And that doesn't explain the margarine."

"Because. You've kept your feelings inside of you for too long now, buddy." Dez explained simply.

"What feelings? And what does that have to do with the butter?" Austin questioned.

"It's margarine! And my mom just wanted me to pick some up on the way back home."

"So instead of just going to the corner store seven houses down, you take Ally's- oh, whatever. And what feelings? You're being weird today, man. Or, ya know, weirder than usual." Austin decided.

"I'm talking about your feelings for Ally. You like her." Dez whispered.

"Ally? Yeah, she's like one of my best friends. Don't you like her too?"

"No, Austin. You love her."