WHAT?!

Ally hesitated before unlocking the door to her house...though how much longer she could call it home she wasn't sure. Soon enough, she could be leaving to live in California for who knew how long. Finally, she mustered up enough courage to step inside.

"Dad?" she called. "I'm...back." Her dad came out of the kitchen.

"Ally," her dad said, looking relieved she was alright.

Ally surprised herself by running up to her father, and giving him a huge hug, like she did when she was little. Her father seemed a little taken aback by this gesture, but he returned it nonetheless.

When Ally pulled back she wasn't sure what to do. Mr. Dawson led her into the kitchen.

"Ally," he said again,"I want to have a serious talk with you." Ally took a deep breath in. Here it comes... "I've been thinking about what you said. That I never take in to account your opinions and your needs. So here's the deal. I've been searching up places to rent out space not so far away. If all goes well, the only place we'll be moving is across town." Ally jumped up from her seat.

"Really?" she exclaimed, feeling that it was simply to good to be true. Her dad held up a hand. 

"But," he continued, "there is another business also hoping to rent the same space. The landlord has made it clear that whichever business makes more of a profit by the end of the year will be the one renting that space. The only problem is...I just don't know if we can do it, Ally." She slowly sat down again.

"Wha-what do you mean, exactly?" she asked anxiously. 

"The other company hoping to invest in that space is the new Miami branch of Starr Records." he explained.

"Austin's record company..." Ally murmured. She stood up suddenly. "Thanks for understanding me dad. It means a lot. I'm gonna go over to Trish's house, okay?"

"Sure, just come home afterwards," Mr. Dawson attempted to joke. As if Ally was in the mood. She ignored it and rushed out the door to Trish's house, a few blocks away. Just seconds after she rang the doorbell, Trish answered. 

"Hey Ally! I was gonna call you! Team Austin was gonna have a meeting at Mini's." Just hearing Austin's name, Ally's heart fluttered slightly. Trish smiled.

"I can tell how he makes you feel." Ally blushed. Trish just knew her too well.

"What do you mean?" she lied.

"Even when all I do is say his name, you get all, I don't know, day-dreamy. It's soooo obvious." Ally cringed. 

"It is?"

"Yep. To everyone but him." Trish led Ally up to her room. "It's soooo obvious that he likes you too, though," she said excitedly. Ally smiled.

"Really?" she asked. "How can you tell?"

"Lots of ways. For example, I texted him to invite him to come to Mini's, and the first thing he responded with was will Ally be there? It's like a thing that you guys both do. You make it totally undeniable that you are like, in love with each other, but you're so caught up in trying not to make it obvious, that everyone can see it but you." Trish explained.

Ally straightened up a bit. She knew Austin had feelings for her, but this really made them seem more...evident. Real. Then, remembering what her dad had told her, her shoulders slouched again. "Trish..." she began. Trish took in Ally's worried face.

"What's wrong?" she asked, surprised. 

"It's just that...oh, Trish, I might have to move! To California!"

"What?!" Trish exclaimed so loud that her mom shouted at her from downstairs to make sure that she was alright. Ally nodded sadly. 

"The store's not doing so well...and to stay in Miami, we have to make a better profit than...Starr Records." Trish frowned.

"I'm sure Team Austin can raise-" 

"-That's the problem, Trish," Ally interrupted. "If Austin goes against the company that holds his record deal, it could totally ruin his career. You know I couldn't do that to him."

 "Of course you couldn't," Trish sighed. "Well, it's time to meet the boys. Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Austin and Dez both arrived at Mini's early,  both for different reasons. Austin, though he would never have admitted it at the time, wanted to spend as much time as he could with Ally. If she was early too, he wanted to be ready.

Austin actually didn't know Dez was there before the girls as well, and that was because Dez was spying on Austin, to see how he acted with Ally when no one else was around. 

However, Ally and Trish arrived together, a ruining the plans of both boys. Ally glanced at Trish, who beckoned her to sit next to Austin. Trish sat across from Ally. Ally smiled at Austin as she sat down. "Hey Austin," she greeted him warmly.

"Hi! So how'd it go-" Trish's phone rang loudly, interrupting him. She picked up. 

"Hello?" 

"Trish?" It was Dez, who was still hiding. Ugh, how did that idiot even get my number? She thought to herself. 

"What do you want?" she answered rudely. 

"Trish! We need to get Austin and Ally alone together! Meet me behind the Cell Phone Accessory Cart, now." he insisted.

"Don't tell me what to do!" Trish snapped.

"So are you coming?" 

"Of course I am! Now goodbye," Trish huffed. Sometimes Dez just really got on her nerves. She stood up. "Sorry guys, apparently I have a job interview that I was supposed to be at twenty minutes ago," she lied smoothly. Ally rolled her eyes.

"Of course you're late, Trish. Okay, good luck getting the job!" As soon as Trish was out of sight, Austin and Ally turned to each other and said in unison,

"She won't get the job." They both laughed. Then Austin's face became solemn.

"So how did it go with your dad?" he asked, truly concerned. Ally smiled sadly.

"It went fine. But...Austin, I have some bad news." As if the news she'd had for him yesterday wasn't bad. "To be able to stay in Miami, Sonic Boom will have to compete with Starr Records. Helping me would just result in your music career being ruined." Austin didn't say anything for awhile. 

"Maybe Trish could get me a record deal with a different company...?" he brainstormed. Ally shook her head.

"Too risky. I don't want you to lose your career just for me, Austin," she said.

"Fine. Maybe that isn't the best plan. We'll figure something out, I promise. But you're worth it, ya know." Ally tried not to blush. 

"Thanks. I just-" Now Austin's phone buzzed with a text. He read it, then furrowed his brow in confusion. 

"Dez says he can't come...because he's knitting a sweater for his ferret? Okay, I didn't know he could knit, or that he has a ferret." Ally laughed.

"Oh well. I guess it's just the two of us then." Wait a minute...she realized something. Trish and Dez totally set us up! Well, she might as well make something good out of it.

"So...wanna go to like the beach or something? she asked hopefully. "I'm not hungry, to be honest."

"Sure!" Austin replied. The stood up at the same time, and began walking to the beach, just blocks away. As they walked, his hand brushed against hers. Austin's stomach did a cartwheel. Maybe Dez was right about something...for the first time. He definitely liked Ally.