15

Chapter 15

A week after that meeting, Jin was alone with Areum in his apartment, when his doorbell rang. He looks at the clock and it's still 4pm, not the time Yoongi's coming home, but if it was him he should be able to get in without ringing the bell.

He opened the door and was surprised to see Jungkook in front of him.

"Jin..."

"You.. what are you doing here? My husband isn't home"

"Really?"

"Yes, just go, he will be angry if he sees you here"

"Appaaa.." Areum approached Jin and hugged him from behind Jin's legs.

"Hey" Jungkook greeted the girl.

"Hai uncle .." even her smile is very similar to Jungkook.

"Jungkook you better go, I don't want my husband to misunderstand"

"Your husband sent me here" Jin's eyes widened.

"What..what do you mean?"

"May I come in?" Jin just nodded and the three of them sat down in the living room.

"why did my husband send you here?"

"He has told me everything Jin, he is not your husband, he is also not the father of this child" Jin's tears just flowed.

"Then what are you doing here?"

"Why didn't you let me go to jail then?"

"Areum, could you come into your room for a moment?"

"Yes appa, bye uncle" Jungkook smiled at Areum and Areum ran to her room.

"Is that reason important to you? Whatever the reason I think it doesn't mean anything right now"

"I'm sorry Jin, I know what I did can't be forgiven, I'm too evil, I'm like a monster, I hurt you until you--"

"Enough Jungkook, I don't want to remember that anymore"

"Yeah, I know, but I'm sorry, I was just angry because at that time Jimin's condition was very unstable, he often complained of pain in his head due to the accident"

"Then what happened to your hand?"

"This..I'm ashamed to say it, but I tried to kill myself, I feel so guilty every day"

"W-what? Are you crazy?"

"Yes, Jin... do I have to die to pay for everything?" Jin's tears kept flowing and so did Jungkook's.

"That's what I thought when you hurt me Jungkook, I just hope when I sleep I'll never wake up again"

"I'm sorry, I want to fix everything, I want to pay for everything Jin"

"No, you don't need to fix anything, it will be hard to make it whole like before"

"Then what? Tell me how do I pay for everything?"

"Stay alive, don't ever hurt yourself Jungkook, hurting yourself is the same as hurting me"

"Jin... trust me it's not all fake, please"

"I know" Jin smothered Jungkook's cheeks and wiped away his tears.

"I know not everything is fake, I know your feelings are real"

"Yes, it was real and it still is" Jin just smiled and Jungkook held his hand.

"Jin.. I didn't ask anything from you, you deserve to be happy with Yoongi, he's a good man who I'm sure will take care of you and Areum. I'm also sure he will never hurt you like me, I just want to say something to Areum, I promise after this I will won't come into your life again" Jin's heart felt tight. Why is it like this? Why does it hurt like this?