Anakin - confession

Requested by @AllisonTart

———

You confess your love to Anakin after you've been friends for years.

Word count: 2339

———

Looking around the Skyline of Coruscant hat its perks. I was able to forgot about what bothered me nearly every time.

Then suddenly I looked at the Jedi Temple and all my troubles came falling back into my mind. Anakin. Anakin and I have been friends for ages. Since he got here and the rough age of 9. He would come over to me and tell me about his nightmares, his fears and wishes. I would listen. Everytime.

Over the time my feelings for him deepened. I knew I was falling for him really bad but he was a Jedi. They were forbidden to have any kind of attachment and I didn't want him to give up his dreams. At least thats what I told myself as I didn't even confessed those feelings to him, yet.

Now that my concentration was gone I walked to one end of my office to the other. From one shelf to desk. Soon I didn't even have something to walk to anymore and so I just walked circles in the middle of my room, trying to get Anakin out of my mind. At the end none of these things helped and he stayed on my mind the whole time.

Even if I confessed my feelings to him, he could just say he didn't return them and our friendship would fall apart. I, for sure, couldnt handle that.

A few minutes of thinking about him I heard a knock on the door of my office.

"The door is open." I loudly spoke so the person could hear me. As the the door was pushed open, it revealed Padmé.

"Oh hi nice to see you. Did I forgot a meeting or something?" I asked still a little in the thoughts of Anakin. "Am I not allowed to check on my oldest friend?" She sarcastically asked giggling.

"Of course you are." I said looking at Padmé. "Its just unexpected since I thought you had meetings today." I told her.

"I had them earlier this morning because the Jedi who are involved, with the discussed topics, have to go on a mission this evening. I think they said something about Geonosis if I remember it rightly." She explained and I listend even more after the word "Jedi" has been said. "Master Obi-Wan and Anakin will lead the mission."

My thoughts drifted away again and I not longer looked at Padmé, which she, of course, noticed.

"Whats wrong, y/n?" She wanted to know. "Nothing. Everything is fine." I lied with a fake smile on my lips. "No its not. Dont try lying to me, y/n. We've been friends since we could talk, so don't you think you could fool me. So now please tell me whats up with you." She demanded and I let out a loud sigh of defeat.

I walked over to my desk and sat down on one edge, still touching the ground with my feet, crossing my arms. She walked up to me and sat down next to me and I could feel her stare on me.

"It's... its because of...its because of Anakin..." I told her feeling a little embarrassed to say it out loud. I closed my eyes and waited for any kind of comment like 'you know thats not right' or 'oh I'm so sorry' but it never came. She sighed and I decided to just blurt out what I wanted go say out loud for the longest time. Instead I received what I would never have expected.

"I know it sounds crazy and I know that shouldn't but Anakin it's ugh I can't help it. I lo-" i started but was cut off. "love him. I know. I've known since the moment you first talked to me about him. Maybe even before you knew. I thought he hurt you or something." She told me giving me a side hug and sighing again but this time only slightly.