Battlefield

Derek is currently searching through his family books in the Hale House to help find something-anything on the Kanima. Sensing another presence, Derek turns around.

"You decided," Derek says, turning around to face Erika and Boyd. "When?"

"Tonight," Erika answers.

"Everyone's gonna be at the game." Boyd adds. "We figured it was the best time."

"It's not like we want to."

Derek steps forward. "What do you want?"

"Since I just turned sixteen a month ago, I wouldn't mind getting my licsence." Erika answers. "I can't do that if I'm dead you know."

"Well I told you there was a price." Derek says.

"But you didn't say it was gonna be like this." Boyd points out.

"Ya, but I told you how to survive. You do it as a pack. And you're not a pack without and Alpha."

Derek turns back around.

"We know." Boyd says, causing Derek to turn again.

"You wanna look for another pack," Derek realizes. "How are you even gonna find one?"

"Think we already did...There must've been a dozen of them."

"Maybe even more." Erika chimes in.

"Ya? Or maybe only two...You know what the Bogest effect is? If they molguate their howls, with a rapid shift of tone, two wolves can sound like twenty." Derek informs.

"Look that doesn't matter okay?" Erika says. "There's another pack out there. There's gotta be...We made up our minds."

"We lost Derek...Alright, it's over...We're leaving." Boyd concludes.

"No," Derek says angrily. "No, you're running. And once you start, you don't stop. You'll always be running."

Boyd and Erika leave on that note. Derek turns back around and grips the edges of a table on anger.

He soon tenses, feeling another presence yet again. Derek picks up a broken piece of a mirror, turns around, and throws it. The very alive Peter Hale catches it, holding it to his neck.

"I expected a slightly warmer welcome," Peter says. "But." He holds up the glass. "Point taken.........Quite the situation you got youself in here Derek...I mean, I was out of commission for a few weeks and suddenly, there's lizard people, geriatric psycho paths, and you're cooking up werewolves out of every self-esteemed deprived adolescent in town."

"What do you want?" Derek asks.

"Wha- I wanna help. You're my nephew...You're the only relative I have left. Beside, CJ and Jason of course." Peter walks closer and closer to Derek. "You know, there's still a lot that I can teach you...Can we talk?" Peter places his hand on Derek's shoulder.

Derek looks down at in than says,

"Sure, let's talk."

Derek than throws Peter into the staircase.

...

Cassidy sits at the nursing station, anxiously waiting for Melissa to get there. She soon spots her friend and approaches her.

"Cassidy, I'm really not-" Cassie cuts Melissa off

"Can we please just talk. Please."

Melissa nods. Cassidy leads her into the break room, closing the door behind her. They both take a seat and Cassidy speaks.