Restraint

Cassidy walks into her house to see both Jason and Derek sleeping on the couch, Jason leaning on Derek. She smiles a little, happy that her son forgave him.

She grabs a blanket and places it on the two of them and Derek opens his eyes.

"Go back to sleep." Cassidy says.

"What time is it?"

"Quarter after 8."

Derek sighs. "I have to get to the station."

"Really?"

"I wouldn't be going if it wasn't important." Derek says, lifting Jason into his arms and standing.

"Did you two talk?"

"Yes, and we're going to open my gift tomorrow."

"Good."

...

"We need Scott's help." Derek declares as he gets his packs attention.

"Why do we need their help?" Isaac groans.

"Because it's harder to kill than I thought and I still don't know who it is." Derek replies, picking up a trunk. Although he told Cassidy it's Jackson, he needs full proof.

"Why can't you get Cassidy to help?" Erika asks.

"Because she's not involved in this." Derek simply says. "I need one of you to get on their good side."

"Mhm." Erika says. "Scott or Stiles."

"Either." Derek calmly states.

"You know, the full moon is coming Derek." Isaac brings up.

"I'm aware of that." Derek says, opening the trunk and pulling out chained restraints.

"Well, these look comfy." Erika says, picking up one.

"You said you were going to teach us to change whenever we wanted." Isaac reminds.

"There hasn't been time." Derek says in annoyance.

"But if you have to lock us up during the full moon, that means you're going to be alone against the Argents."

"They haven't found us."

"Yet." Isaac snaps. "So how about we forget the Kanima."

"We can't!" Derek urges. "There was something about the way Gerard looked at it. He wasn't afraid... at all. Now, I don't know what he knows or what he's planning, but I'm sure about one thing: we have to find it first. So get on Scott or Stiles' good side."

...

"Condoms." Melissa says to Cassidy.

"W-what?" Cassie asks.

"Condoms. He had a box of condoms in his desk drawer. One. One was left out of twelve. One!"

"Calm down. Calm down." Cassidy places her hands on her friends shoulders. "He's a teenage boy. He gets those urges."

"One left." She whispers.

"Try to remember what my boyfriend looks like and what he would've looked like in high school."

(Flashback)

16 year old Cassie walks downstairs around midnight to see Derek entering the house.

"Der?" Cassidy asks.

"Hey Cass." Derek said. "What are you doing up so late?"

"Getting a glass of water." Cassie explains, walking into the kitchen. "What are you doing getting home at midnight?"