chapter seven | witness and evidence

hello hello! i forgot to mention this sa foreword <3 

this story is my 10th anniversary gift for sr fam. and since it's for the 10th anniversary, you will encounter little easter eggs and references from past stories. "the sleepwalker syndrome" is not related to any of my past stories, but it's full of little things that will remind you of them ;) some of you guys noticed them na based from the past comments : )

hope you guys are having fun with the story <3 gonna try my best to update more!

The seething man with a hammer in his hand. The blood and chunks of flesh scattered on the floor. And the weeping lady with the cracked skull, begging for her dear life.

I thought I had already witnessed the most terrifying thing in the world when I was nine years old . . . but I was wrong.

I've seen people lose control before, but not like this. Never like this.

"Tama na!"

"Diyan ka lang! Huwag kang gagalaw!"

"Itaas mo ang kamay mo!"

"Barilin n'yo na! Barilin n'yo na!"

Screaming. That was all I could hear as my father's men tried to round up and subdue the three rabid men from the box. Rabid men with what looked like blood all over their bodies and sharp knives taped over their hands. It was as if they tried to look like some messed up version Wolverine, only cruder . . .

"Papa!" Awtomatikong kumawala ang napakalakas na tili mula sa bibig ko.

At that point, I wasn't scared for my life. I was more scared for my father's. I know what kind of person he is. How he turns into this alpha man with a hero complex whenever shit hits the fan. How he is ready to risk his own life for the safety of others. 

People always tell me that I should be proud of my father's bravery and selflessness, but what good is bravery and selflessness when you're dead?

Screw them all. I'd rather have my father as coward and alive, rather than brave and dead.

All of a sudden, gunshots blared from the stage. Humarang sa paningin ko ang mga taong nagtatakbuhan palabas ng malaking function room, at ilang mga pulis na tumatakbo patungo sa stage. Sa pagitan ng bawat taong dumaraan, unti-unti kong nakita si Papa. 

"Jordan! PJ!" Nakalingon siya sa direksiyon ko, may tarantang ekspresiyon sa mukha habang tinuturo ang exit. 

After furiously pointing the exit a couple of times, he drew out his gun and ran toward the stage to join in stopping the rabid men from attacking everyone in their way.

Two of the rabid men were trying to run down the stage, lunging to attack more people. The other one was attacking the police officers who tried to rescue the first policeman who was attacked. The officers were shooting at the men, but they wouldn't back down despite the bullets hitting their bodies.