Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Charles POV

"Where were you all night?" I heard as soon as I entered the house.

I just got back from staying the night with Bianca and I totally forgot about the devil I was engaged to. I was having so much fun I forgot that I actually was engaged. Now, I was rushing to find an excuse that would please Ashley.

"I was at one of my friends house." I said bored and went into the kitchen.

"Oh really? And which friend of yours would that be? Because I called all of your friends last night because I was so worried about you and they all said the same thing, that they didn't know where you were!" Ashley yelled at me, following me into the kitchen.

"Hello Nancy." I greeted the cook. I knew ever since I was a child. She became a mother figure for me after my mother died.

"Hello Charlie. Would you like something to eat?" She smiled at me.

"Yes. Can I have the full breakfast?" I asked smiling back at her trying to forget my annoying fiancee standing right next to me.

"Yes you may. I'll notify you when its prepared." Nancy smiled at me.

"Thank you."

"You are very welcome."

I turned around and made my way upstairs.

"Charles we are not finished here!" I heard Ashley say following me upstairs.

Oh my god.

I went inside of my room and sat on my bed.

"Charles-"

"Listen. I slept at my friends house, Matthew okay? You don't know him. Do me a favor and stop yelling at me." I said sternly.

"Fine." She said crossing her arms.

I sighed looking at her. "Don't be upset Ashley. Look at the bright side, our wedding date is getting closer everyday." I said softly hoping that, that would cheer her up.

The thought of us getting married actually made me want to throw up the break fast that I didn't even have yet.

"Yeah I guess." She still looked upset. Even thought I didn't like her, I didn't want her upset. I got up from the bed and over to her and hugged her. That's all I wanted to happen but Ashley wanted more. She kissed me. She kissed me like she loved me and like she wanted me to love her too.

And I kissed her back with the same passion.

I honestly only did that so she wouldn't get even more upset but I couldn't help but feel guilty and feel disgusted with myself. I felt like I was cheating on Bianca. I know it's weird to feel that way, especially because we weren't even going together but that's how I felt.

I pulled away because I started to feel too guilty.

"I love you Charlie." She said laying her head on my chest. I winced when she called me 'Charlie'. It just didn't feel right coming out of her mouth.

"Um I-"

"It's okay if your'e not ready to say it back Charlie. I want you to take your time loving me." She said looking up. She pecked my lips and left the room.

I felt more guilty then ever and not just because of Bianca. Now Ashley too.

+++

Ashley dragged me along to go dress shopping with her. I was really dreading it. I was bored out of my mind.