Chapter 32 - Tell Me

"Is this for your art thing?" My sister's voice made me jump, almost causing the paintbrush to fall from my hands.

"Don't do that! I could've messed this up."

"Sorry," She plops onto my bed, making herself comfortable," I feel like we haven't talked in a while. Let's catch up."

"Not now," I huff, "I have to get this painting done, the first round of the competition is in less than a couple weeks. And tomorrow is my last full free day."

"Right, you have school again. Hey, how's that guy?"

Did she ignore what I had said?

"What guy?"

"The one you went on that date with."

I groan. Seriously, has it been that long? She doesn't even know we kissed or anything.

"We're just friends."

"Hm, really? That's too bad."

"It's not too bad, we've always been friends."

"Come on, you guys didn't even kiss or anything?"

"Ugh, just get out!" I raise my voice, turning away from my painting to look at her.

"Hey, Y/N, I just want to talk. I rarely get the chance to do anything with you anymore."

"Can you not be so annoying about it then?"

"What's with your short temper recently?" She furrows her eyebrows, "You were never like this."

"It's because you're annoying." I state.

She ignored my comment, "You've been extremely distant too. What's up?"

"Are you finding it so hard to understand that I just wanna be left alone?" I stood up from my desk, grabbed my phone and stormed out of the room.

"Hey, where are you going?" She quickly followed behind me.

"Out," I slipped my shoes on, "When mom gets home, tell her I'm at Aya's."

"Y/N, wait, you didn't even close your paints-"

Before my sister could finish speaking, I slammed the front door. I walked in the direction of Aya's house, dialing her number while I was at it. The phone rang a few times before she answered.

"Hello?" I hear her voice, along with muffled talking in the background.

"Hey, Aya, I'm really sorry about this but... can I come over right now?"

"What? Are you ok?"

"Yes," I sigh, "Are you busy?"

"I'm sorry, Y/N, I'm actually at a family dinner right now, it's my aunt's birthday..."

"Ha... that's fine. I'll talk to you later, Aya."

"Are you sure you'll be ok?"

"Yeah, don't worry about it, alright?" I reassure her. We said our goodbyes and I end the call. Great, I just dramatically stormed out of my house like a fool, not knowing where I'm going. My immediate instinct after Aya is Iwaizumi. I call him, listening to the ring, praying for him to answer.

Nope. Nothing.

I rang him again, just in case, but again, no answer. I didn't want to spam him with calls any further, so I dropped it.

Taking a deep breath, I stop walking. My thumb scrolled down to the next contact, pressing on it. I hovered over the call button, this probably wasn't the best idea if I wanted to calm down. My body had a mind of its own though, and pressed it anyways.