Chapter 10 - Sleepover

I'm walking into the gym again after school today. This time it's for Aya's practice game. Honestly, I really want to be back in the art room, even if it's only been two days. It's like I need my fix of it. I might be crazy thinking like that, but as I said before, it's like a second home to me.

I walk up the stairs to be greeted by Iwaizumi, Oikawa, and a few of the other players from the boy's team since they were all invited to watch. I sat in the empty spot next to Iwaizumi and watched the game start.

A few rallies went by, both teams were very good which made it fun to watch.

"You ever miss playing volleyball, Y/N?" Iwaizumi suddenly asks.

I think for a moment, "Yeah, sometimes. It's really fun. There're times when I wish I listened to Aya's begging about me joining the club, but I know I made the right choice in the end."

"Y'know, we can always hang out again and play. I'm sure Oikawa would want to do that again sometime." He looks over at Oikawa.

"Hm? Play volleyball with Aya and Y/N again? Sure, if I get to use my serve on Y/N" Oikawa teases.

"Do what you want, I've been getting that practice in." I confidently say. I do hope to receive at least one of his serves someday, but I feel like that day is very far from now.

"I won't hold back." He smirks.

Iwaizumi rolls his eyes, "Let Aya know. If you guys are free this weekend or the next, we can hang out again."

I nod. It was fun last time we hung out, but I feel like it'll be even better this time since we've gotten closer over the past couple of weeks.

Eventually, the practice game ended. It was a very close game, but our team won in the end. I went down to the court to see Aya and let her know about this second hangout.

"Nice game, Aya." I give her a fist bump, "Also, Iwaizumi wants to hang out again. This weekend, Oikawa, him, and us."

"Actually? Y/N, how do you even do it?" She hugs me.

"As I said before, I didn't do anything." I stated.

"Hey, do you wanna sleepover at my place tonight? If we do end up hanging out tomorrow, then we'll already be together."

"Yeah, sure. I just have to grab stuff from home." I spoke.

. . .

Laying on the bed we prepared on Aya's floor, I was texting Iwaizumi about our plans. I told him that Aya and I were available all weekend.

"How did you even get his number, Y/N?" Aya lays next to me.

I shrug, "Honestly, I have no idea. I guess we both mutually agreed to have each other's numbers...?

"I think he might like you, like, I'm being one hundred percent honest right now."

"I dunno..."

"Do you like him, Y/N?"

I hesitate for a second, "...No."

"Are you serious?" Aya sits up, "He's like the perfect guy!"

"It seems like you like him." I tease.

"N-no, I like Oikawa, remember?" She nervously laughs, "I'm just saying, I think you guys would suit each other. And I saw you guys laying together at the party. You sure you don't like him?"

"Aya, I... don't know." I sigh, "I can figure out my feelings another time, right now we're figuring out something else."

I look back at my phone to see a text from Iwaizumi that says he's going to make a group chat with all of us. That'll make everything easier.

"Alright, Y/N, just know that you can talk to me about your feelings anytime. Sometimes it's good to talk it out with someone, y'know?" Aya says, grabbing a bag of chips from her desk.

"Thanks. I just don't really know how I feel right now..." Just then, messages from Oikawa and Iwaizumi come up on the group chat, "There you go, now you have Oikawa's number."

A slight tint of red appears on Aya's cheeks as she saves Oikawa in her contacts.

Aya and I played some video games and ate snacks before we decided to go to bed. Well, before Aya decided to go to bed. I usually stay up a lot later than her. I also never sleep well anywhere else that's not my bed unless I'm super tired.

She turned out the lights and somehow fell asleep immediately. I flopped down onto my bed and went on my phone, continuing my conversation with Iwaizumi. We had been texting throughout the night. It wasn't about anything in particular; we would just talk about random things. Eventually, though, he ended the conversation with "We should go to bed, or we'll be too tired for tomorrow. Goodnight, have a good sleep, Y/N."

I couldn't help but smile at my phone. Seriously, Aya has me second-guessing my feelings now. I sigh, being even more confused than before.

Oikawa and Iwaizumi's pov

"Who are you texting?" Oikawa asks, leaning over Iwaizumi's shoulder to get a look at his phone.

"Y/N, get off me Shittykawa." He pulls his phone away so Oikawa can't see.

"Ah, your girlfriend." Oikawa teases, "I should've known by the way you're smiling at your phone."

"I wasn't smiling. And she's not my girlfriend."

"But you like her, right?"

Iwaizumi pauses, "I don't know."

"You don't know? Come on, Iwa! What kind of response is that?" Oikawa flops onto his best friend's bed.

"I don't know, Oikawa." Iwaizumi sighs, "Anyways, let's go to bed."

"Wow, you never talk about your feelings for girls with me."

"It's not like you do it a lot. Your "feelings" that you talk about are just confessions from girls. And you never even like them back."

"That's because they only like me for my looks." Oikawa pouts.

"Ugh, it's so hard to have girls find you attractive!" Iwaizumi sarcastically says.

"But you've seen how my past relationships went."

"What about Aya?"

He tilts his head slightly, "You think she likes me?"

"Yeah, I think she might have a thing for you. And she's spent time with you, so I don't think it's just about looks for her." Iwaizumi states, "She's nice, you should try spending more time with her."

Oikawa thought to himself for a moment, has he just been really oblivious? He never paid attention to how Aya acted around him, he thought she was pretty normal.

"Just start paying more attention," Iwaizumi threw a pillow at Oikawa, practically reading his mind, "We're hanging out with them tomorrow. You can see for yourself."