Chapter 28 - Beach Day

"Y/N, we're going to the beach today." Aya tells me over the phone. It was our first day of summer break, and Aya's first plan was to hang out at the beach. Usually, I wouldn't mind doing this, but the fact that I basically rejected Iwaizumi just a few days ago, I've been feeling a little awkward. It's weird, Iwaizumi seemed to be talking to me normally at school afterwards, sure it was kind of awkward at first, but he seems fine now. I, on the other hand, can't seem to be myself anymore.

It's only been a couple of days, Y/N, you'll get used to it eventually.

"I'm coming to pick you up in an hour. We're meeting the boys there." Aya continues.

"It seems like I don't have a choice..." I mutter.

"Yeah, you need to get over your weirdness with Iwaizumi, and sitting inside all day won't help. Also, it's really nice out."

I only respond with a groan. I was still laying in my bed. Summer means I can sleep in until one pm, but Aya woke me up at 11.

"I'll text you when I'm here!" She ends the call. I set my phone aside and bury my face into a pillow.

Ok, this is fine. I won't be an awkward mess at the beach today. We're just gonna have fun. Fun with friends.

After finally getting up and making my bed, I chose the bathing suit and cover-up I was going to wear. A simple bikini, nothing too fancy, I don't have a lot of options when it comes to my selection of bathing suits.

Aya arrived at my house a little earlier than she said. That isn't anything out of the ordinary though, she gets too excited and anxious sometimes.

"Alright, are you ready to have fun?" She enthusiastically cheers as I enter her car.

"Totally." I sigh.

"Don't be all mopey when your there."

"I won't. I'm letting out all my negativity in here so I can be positive at the beach."

"Don't toss your negativity onto me!"

"Aya, I don't think that'll affect you too much." I state. She laughs, and I can't help but smile a little. Her happiness can be contagious.

. . .

"Hey guys!" Aya waves to the two boys sitting on their towels in the sand. Oikawa and Iwaizumi waved back as we made our way over to them.

"Ok, what should we do first? The volleyball courts are just over there... or we can go swimming! It is really hot. And then we can also get ice cream!" Aya's energy is through the roof. What the hell is she on right now? She doesn't even give any of us the chance to reply once she starts taking her shorts and t-shirt off, revealing her bathing suit.

"I guess that means we're swimming." Iwaizumi shrugs, pulling off his shirt and following Aya to the water. I watch them enter the water and glance over at Oikawa. He also looks at me. It's weird, after I said my actual feelings to Iwaizumi, Oikawa didn't talk to me as much as he used to. He didn't visit me in the art room during the last few days of school. I mean, it's not like he visited me every day before, but for some reason, there was a part of me expecting him to show up. It's probably because I rejected his best friend.

"Are you planning on going in?" He asks. His shirt was already off, so I'm assuming he was.

"Obviously, just give me a chance," I say, awkwardly taking off my clothes.

"Ok..." He pauses for a moment, until I just have my bathing suit on, "Last one there has to buy the other person ice cream!"

He really waited for me just to do that?