Chapter 4 - No Big Deal

"On shoot" I say. I ended up losing which meant Oikawa was going to serve. I got in position, ready for whatever is about to happen. He does his little routine before serving and looked directly at me with that stupid smirk of his. Shit, is he... aiming for me?

He tossed the ball up, jumped, and hit it over the net, right at me. I took a step forward to try and receive it, which caused my knee to slide to the ground. Somehow, I forgot that this isn't a gym, and I don't have kneepads. This is concrete. The ball ended up hitting one side of my arms and flew behind me.

"Oikawa, what the hell is wrong with you?!" Iwaizumi yelled, jogging towards me.

"Y/N, are you ok?" Aya panicked.

"Yeah, I- I'm fine..." I look down at the knee that fell to the ground, checking if my jeans had ripped. Only a small hole... at least they weren't my favourite pair.

"Hey, you good?" Iwaizumi kneeled next to me looking at my knee.

"It's only a small scrape, I'll be fine."

"You should at least put on a band-aid or something... you're bleeding a little." Aya ran to her bag to try and find a bandage.

"Sorry, Y/N... I didn't mean to hit it that hard..." Oikawa walks to you with an apologetic look on his face.

"Yeah, ok, you literally stared directly at me before serving." I roll my eyes.

"Seriously! I didn't mean to, I swear!" He pleaded.

"Here! I found a band-aid." Aya handed me the band-aid, but as I was about to take it, Oikawa took it from her hand.

"Allow me." He said, bending down to my injured knee.

"Excuse me, I can do it myself." I pulled my knee away before he can put it on.

"I insist, I did this to you after all."

"Just let her do it, Shittykawa!" Iwaizumi hit the back of Oikawa's head, grabbing the band-aid from him. He gave me the band-aid and I thanked him as I put it on.

"Ok, we can start playing again." I spoke, walking back to the court. This time, Aya served the ball, and we actually got a rally going.

After many rallies and many serves by me hitting the net, we decided it was time to get food. It was getting a little late and all of us were tired and hungry. We stopped at a nearby fast-food place and sat inside. Once we found a spot, Iwaizumi went to order the food for us.

"I gotta go to the washroom, I'll be right back!" Aya walked off to the bathroom, which left Just Oikawa and me sitting alone together. There was an awkward silence between the two of us until Oikawa spoke up.

"I'm sorry again for serving the ball like that earlier."

"You're still on about that? It's no big deal, just be thankful it wasn't my favourite pair of jeans." I replied honestly.

"Really? You seemed mad about it before. I guess I'm a forgivable person." He teased.

"No, I'm just a forgiving person." I bluntly say, "And I wasn't that mad."

"The look on your face said differently" The same smirk from when he served that ball to me was on his face. Before I could reply, Iwaizumi came back with the food and Aya came back from the washroom.

"Thanks for hanging out with us today, guys! How much do we owe you for the food, Iwaizumi?" Aya asked while stuffing her face with food.

"Don't worry about it, it's on me." He replied.

I raised an eyebrow looking at him, "Here, just take a 20, for me and Aya"

"Nope, I don't want it." He tossed the change I left on the table for him back at me.

"Just keep the money, Y/N. He's not gonna take it." Oikawa said.

"Anyways... you were pretty good at volleyball earlier, Y/N. Considering the fact that you haven't played like that in a while." Iwaizumi complimented me as I finished eating my food.

"Yeah, you surprised me! I told you, you should've joined the volleyball club!" Aya smiles at me.

"Don't flatter me... next to you guys I wasn't all that."

"You were really good too, Aya!" Oikawa looks at Aya with his signature smile, the one that makes all the fangirls' hearts melt. Her face turned slightly red hearing Oikawa compliment her like that. They don't talk too often, so she must be freaking out on the inside.

"Th-thanks! You too, Oikawa!" She took the final bites of her food, "Thanks again, guys. Today was really fun!" I nodded in agreement, thanking Iwaizumi for the food as well.

. . .

I walked into my house, tired after the day we had.

My sister was laying on the couch watching some show when she asked, "Where'd you go?"

"To the park, with Aya and some friends." I replied. "where's mom?"

"She's out running errands. Which friends? Did you have fun?"

"What is this, an interrogation? Just friends from school, and yes, I did have fun." I start walking to my room, not wanting to talk to anyone at the moment. I was too tired.

"Were they boys?"

"Why are you acting like dad?"

"Because he's not here to ask these questions anymore." I stayed silent. It's true. I guess if my sister always got asked those questions by dad, she wants me to experience the same thing.

"I remember I hung out with a boy one time when I was in the third year, same as you. He walked me home after we went out somewhere. As soon as I walked into the house, I got questioned by dad, "who was that boy, where'd you guys go?" And, you know... mom told me you were hanging out with boys, so I just had to." She softly smiled at me. I laugh, thinking about all the times I witnessed dad lecture my sister about boys.

"I miss him... I can't believe it's already been a few months." I flop down on the couch next to my sister.

"Yeah, time flies." She says wrapping her arm around me, "But seriously, Y/N, who were these boys you and Aya were hanging out with? Are they cute?"

"Oh my gosh, now you sound like mom," I chuckle, "I guess they are... Aya has a crush on one of them." We continued to talk until the both of us got too tired, and finished off the night with a snack and working on some of my art.

Today was a good day.