Chapter 3 - Hangout

"Girls, I'm home!" I heard my mom yell while my sister and I were just finishing preparing dinner.

"It smells good, did you make some food?" Mom asks, walking into the kitchen.

"Surprise! We made dinner for you!" My sister smiles.

"Only chicken and rice though... as you know, mom, we're extremely good at cooking." I sarcastically comment. I mean, we weren't the worst, but we're obviously not the best either.

We all sit down and start eating our meal.

"It's... a little overcooked... but it's still ok." My sister said.

"Yeah, sorry... It's definitely not as good as dads." Everyone went silent when I said that. The mood changed immediately.

"I... miss when your dad used to make us dinner." Mom spoke up.

"Don't worry, I'll perfect it soon." I tried lightening the mood a little.

"Not before I do." My sister chimes in. the two of us started playfully arguing which seemed to make things better.

"Thank you, girls, for doing this. I really appreciate it, it helps me out a lot when the two of you are helping around the house, I've been busier with work recently." Mom smiles, which puts one on me and my sisters' faces.

. . .

I started walking to my first class without Aya this morning. Surprisingly, I got here pretty early and didn't want to wait outside for too long. I stepped into class and the only person I saw was Oikawa. What are the chances?

"Oh, are you gonna kick me out again? I can go if you need." He smirks.

"It happened once, let it go." I respond dryly. Please don't tell me Oikawa Tooru is going to be bugging me about this for the rest of the year. Interrupting my thoughts, Iwaizumi walks into the class.

"Hey Y/N, how's it going?" He asks, setting his stuff down at his spot.

"Wow, Iwa! What about me?" Oikawa whines.

I turn to face Iwaizumi. "I'm good, how about you?"

"Good, thanks."

Oikawa gasped, "Are you guys just ignoring me now?"

"Yeah, cuz you're annoying." I said. It left Oikawa speechless, a girl calling him annoying and being so blunt about it? When does that ever happen? Well, maybe it happened a few other times, not everyone is in love with this dude.

"I wanted to ask you again, Y/N, since yesterday we got interrupted," Iwaizumi spoke, "did you used to play volleyball?"

"Yeah, back in elementary and middle school. Aya and I played together."

"You didn't wanna join the team in high school?" He questions.

"Well, I wanted to join the art club and focus more on my art. If I joined volleyball, I wouldn't have much time to do all that."

"You quit volleyball for art?" Oikawa gasps.

"Not everyone is as into volleyball as you, Shittykawa." Iwaizumi crossed his arms, annoyed. "Anyways, we should all play together sometime, Aya too."

"Wha- "

"I think that would be fun!" Aya interrupts, "Sorry, I didn't mean to butt in the conversation like that."

And once again, I'm being dragged to do something I don't want to be doing. Me playing volleyball with Oikawa, Iwaizumi, and Aya is like a newbie playing with pros. They planned to all hang out on the weekend. We would go to play some volleyball at the park or something and get a snack after.

Just as fast as we had planned that, the day to hang out arrived. I threw on a tee shirt and baggy jeans, nothing too fancy since I'd be running and jumping around. As I finished doing my hair, The doorbell rang. Mom answered it.

"Hello, Miss L/N!" Aya smiled entering the house.

"Hi, it's so nice to see you, Aya!" Mom replied. I walk out of my room with my bag of everything I needed to bring with me.

"Alright, I'm ready to go. Love you, mom." I hug her goodbye.

"Have fun!" She waves. Aya and I start walking to the park. It was a nice day, not windy which is perfect for playing volleyball outside.

"I can't believe we're hanging out with Oikawa! How did you get that to happen, Y/N, I can't thank you enough!" Aya cheered.

"I didn't do anything, Iwaizumi brought up the idea of hanging out after we talked about volleyball"

"Ouuuu, what if Iwaizumi has a little crush on you!" She cooed.

"N-no, he's probably just being nice! We are kinda friends, so it makes sense that maybe he wants to hang out sometimes. And it's not like he wanted to hang out with just me!" My face turned slightly red.

"Ok, ok, sorry. Just a hunch though!" She giggled, "But if you did ever get with Iwaizumi and I got with Oikawa, we could go on double dates, and it would be extremely fun."

"I don't wanna talk about this anymore, nope! Let's just get to the park."

Aya laughed and made jokes the rest of the walk until we finally arrived. We saw Oikawa and Iwaizumi already waiting at the volleyball courts, which I didn't even know this park had. We all said hello and set our stuff down.

"So should we do a two vs two?" Iwaizumi asked. Everyone agreed.

"What are the teams gonna be- "

"I'll go with Imaizumi." You interrupted your best friend. This was your plan to get Aya and Oikawa closer. She gave a thumbs up and smiled at you.

"Wow, you were really fast to choose Iwa, Y/N, do you not wanna be with us that bad? Or do you just like Iwa that much?" Oikawa teased.

"Shut up, Crappykawa. Let's just start the game already." Iwaizumi slapped Oikawa's head and walked to our side of the court.

"So mean, Iwa! Let's do rock paper scissors for who starts, Aya vs Y/N." Oikawa said. We went up to each other and put our hands out.

"On shoot" I say. I ended up losing which meant Oikawa was going to serve. Ok, I wasn't that nervous about this until I stood on the court. Oikawa's serve is incredibly powerful, and I had a chance of receiving it. I got in position, ready for whatever is about to happen. He does his little routine before serving and looked directly at me with that stupid smirk of his. Shit, is he... aiming for me?

Authors note - Yes, I've played volleyball in some baggy jeans before, it was alright (I don't recommend it though)