Chapter 14 - Talk

I'm going to talk to Iwaizumi today. I told Oikawa I would, so I'm going to do it. Honestly, I think we're being way too dramatic about this whole situation. All we did was fall asleep next to each other, and he just happen to have wrapped his arm around me.

I walked into class like usual. Iwaizumi surprisingly wasn't there. Weird, he's always here before me, I thought to myself. Aya and Oikawa weren't there either, it was only me. I sat at my spot and eventually was greeted by Aya and shortly after, Oikawa.

"Hey, where's Iwaizumi?" I ask. They both shrug. Out of anyone here, I was expecting Oikawa to know, but apparently, he doesn't have a clue.

Where the hell is Iwaizumi? Class is about to start...

Just as I thought that, Iwaizumi walks through the door. We made quick eye contact, and I was about to say hello but was interrupted by the teacher starting the class. Why did he have to be late today? It's going to kill me having to wait to have this conversation. I just want to get it over with.

The class felt extremely long this morning. As soon as it finished, I rushed to Iwaizumi's side.

"Hey-"

"Hey." We both say at the same time. We stood in awkward silence for a few seconds before Iwaizumi glances behind me, raising an eyebrow at Oikawa and Aya staring at us.

I clear my throat, "Can we just... talk outside? before our next class starts."

"Yeah, sure." He nods. We walk out, Oikawa and Aya still staring at us.

We went to the nearest exit and stood just outside the school.

"What's up?" He asks. I think for a moment, trying to think of what to say. Iwaizumi tilts his head in confusion, almost like he was trying to figure out what I was thinking.

"What is wrong with us...?" I look at Iwaizumi, finally making eye contact. Not for long though, I end up looking away after a few seconds.

"You know, what I mean is, like, why are we being weird? After that whole... thing at Oikawa's place, why are we being weird around each other?" I try putting my thoughts into words.

"I don't know," He starts, "I think I'm just... trying to figure things out."

"Figure what out? How you feel about me?" I decided to just ask what I've been wondering for a while now. I can't avoid it for too long.

"Ah... I guess." He looks away from me.

I sigh, "Me too."

"So, we both don't know how we feel about each other?" He says, looking at me again.

"I dunno, yeah, I think?" I'm starting to confuse myself even more now.

"Well... Maybe-"

"Ow!" A voice interrupts Iwaizumi. We both look behind us and standing there trying to hide behind the wall is none other than Oikawa and Aya.

"Are you serious, Shittykawa? What the hell are you doing here?" Iwaizumi huffs.

"Aya, you too?" I run my hand through my hair in annoyance.

"Hey, we just wanted to say that you're gonna be late to class!" Aya laughs nervously.

"Yeah, we haven't been here the whole time, don't worry! Just continue your conversation, it looks pretty important." Oikawa adds.

"I don't even remember where we were in this conversation..." Iwaizumi sighs.

"Honestly, I don't even know either." I say.

"Oh my gosh, you never know! Iwaizumi, Y/n, come on! What is wrong with you guys? You're always the same with your stupid "I don't know this! I don't know that!" shit!" Oikawa snapped, "Just figure it out already, do you like each other or not?!"

"Oikawa, I think we should go now..." Aya suggested. Oikawa left with Aya, extremely annoyed. Was all this really bothering him?

I crossed my arms, leaning against the wall, "Can we... be friends like before? And then we can figure out our feelings over time?"

"Yeah, I think that's the best thing to do." Iwaizumi answers, "We should go to our classes, it seems like we're already a few minutes late."

We say our goodbyes and head off to our classes. Finally, we had that conversation and kind of cleared things up. Everything except for our stupid feelings. Do we seriously both not know? But why? Why do we not know? Why don't we just... like each other? I had so many questions stuck in my head for the rest of the day, and it was really bothering me.

After what felt like a long day, I was in the art room again. I didn't talk to Iwaizumi much after our little conversation, I never really got the chance to. After a few hours of working, everyone started to clear out of the art room, only leaving me and that second year once again.

I've noticed that he's been staying later and later each day. Never later than me though. To be honest, I didn't really like it. I know anyone in this club can stay as late as me, I don't own the art room, it's just that I like having my alone time here.

I continue drawing in my sketchbook as I was deep in thought. I even started mumbling to myself, I just had so many thoughts at once.

"Uhm... Y/N? Are you ok?" The second year asks.

I snapped out of my thoughts, looking up from my sketchbook, "Huh? Uh, yeah."

"Ah, alright." He looks down at the ground.

I let out a loud sigh, why the hell can't my brain be fucking calm? I think to myself. I need to talk to Aya. Sometimes I just want to talk to my best friend, it makes me feel better. Why isn't she answering her phone though? Well, there is another person I could talk to...

"Fuck, whatever" I mumble, packing up my stuff.

"Are you leaving, Y/N?" The boy I keep forgetting is in here asks.

"Yes. Shut the lights and close the door when you leave. The keys are in that drawer." I head toward the door.

"Wait! I mean, we can go together, I- I could walk you home if you like, it's getting dark." He studders.

"No. thanks." I bluntly say.

"Huh?" He raises his eyebrows slightly.

"I'm going somewhere right now."

"Where?"

"That doesn't concern you." I state, leaving the room quickly.

I was practically jogging to get to where I wanted to be, I was afraid this second year was going to follow me and keep trying to walk me home. I just hope he locks up properly. I probably shouldn't have left him to do that, I don't think he's ever been the last person there, but it's fine, he'll figure it out.

I finally reach my destination. I didn't even have to look inside to know he was here, based on the sounds of volleyballs hitting the ground every few seconds. I knew he would still be here.

I take a step inside and see Oikawa, tossing a ball up, preparing to hit the ball with all his power. I watch as he lands a seemingly perfect serve over the net.

"Nice serve." I say.