The Apartment

I never thought I would have so many people reading this fanfiction. Thank you so much to every single one of you. You guys inspire me with just your numbers! 

************************************ 

Chapter 7 - The Apartment

I stand frozen staring ahead as all that just happened sinks in. Gertrude walks over to us and says that we were fantastic out there. 'Apollo did a great job with the costumes' she says while leading us toward the elevators. 'Who's Apollo?' I ask when we arrive at the elevators.  

'Weren't you listening when he introduced himself to us in the prep rooms?' Amber says to me in a matter of factly voice. 

'No' I say, 'he's our stylist silly' Barker says. Oh so that was the leopard print man' I think to myself. By this time the elevator has arrived an we hop in with the tributes from district 10. 

Ash presses the '7' button while one of the other tributes presses the '10'. We ride up in silence. Once we walk through the elevators on our floor I cannot hold my gasp. The room could house about 100 people back in district 7 it's just that big!  

We walk through to a dining room. The table is a glistening silver with green chairs with a swirling design. The floor is concrete but warm on foot and the walls are covered with either windows or paintings.  

The next room we pass is the lounge room where again there is concrete for floor and a wall size window. In the middle of the room is a giant curved, fluro green couch. It looked like it wanted me to lye in it but the tour wasn't over yet.  

On the far wall was a giant tv replaying footage from the parade. The district 11 boys are on at the minute and I hear the crowd in the background screaming like crazy. Rye looks gorgeous in his purple pants and it looks like his stylists wanted to exentuate their beautiful bodies by covering their chest with barely any vines.  

They looked gorgeous. 'Hurry up Ebony' I hear Barker call from infront of me. I now see that while I was distracted by the district 11 boys' beauty my 'tour group' has moved on to the next room.  

I quickly run to catch up with them and see we have arrived at the boys rooms. We each get our own separate rooms which makes me wonder how they could get 5 extra rooms created in less than 24 hours. The boys go into their room and Hera leads me and Amber to ours.  

We stop infront of two doors on either side of the hallway and Minerva tells amber that hers is the one on the right so I head towards the one to the left. I open the door and am amazed. 

In the centre of the room is a double bed high of the ground with a deep forest green doona, and white Egyptian sheets from district 8. On one side of the room is a ginormous window with a picture of the Capitol. 

On the other side of the room there is a walk-in-wardrobe and an ensuite. I walk over and jump on the bed because the bed was just beckoning me. I lye down and suddenly notice a little remote on the silver bedside table.  

I pick it up and read the different buttons. I can tell a patch of them are for the lights but there are some that I don't quite understand. I pick up the remote and suddenly, curiosity taking over, I start pressing random buttons. I press a grey square button, then I look around the room to see if anything had happened.  

I look over to the window and see that what was a picture if the Capitol has changed to a picture of a desert. I press the button again and it changes to a forest scene. I see on the remote it has another button next to it labeled 'districts'.  

I press it and look at the screen again. What I see is a town that has people walking around on what we would have called 'fancy clothes' with the words 'district 1' down on the bottom.  

I press the button six more times and are taken aback at the picture I see. I see the dull square from district 7 with a few citizens walking past. I stare at it intensely wishing I was back there and suddenly I see a familiar woman holding a little girls hand walk out of the bakery. 

'Magnolia, Mazie' I whisper instantly recognising the auburn curls and little pigtails on my eldest sister and youngest sister. I start yelling at the scream trying to attract their attention and only stop when Amber shakes my shoulder and only then I feel that my cheeks are wet and which means I must have been crying.  

Amber gives me a hug which make me feel a little bit better. She asks what happened and all I do is point to the screen and she instantly understands.  

Mazie and Magnolia have left the square but the picture of home still brings feelings of homesickness. For a while we just sit there staring at the screen if after a while Amber leaves and then I find myself lying down. After a few minutes of just lying there, I feel my eyelids close and I fall asleep. 

************************************ 

Comment what you thought

Vote

Read on

~S