Family Breakfast

Hey guys here's chapter 1 - tell me what you think!

***********************

Chapter 1 - Family Breakfast

1 MONTH LATER - THE DAY OF THE REAPING

I wake up to Axel shaking me. 'Ebonie its time to wake up, it's reaping day' he says between shakes. I stretch my arms as I get out if bed and see that my older sister Amber is already up and dressed. She seems to be talking to my other older sister Magnolia. Magnolia was reaped before I was born and won her hunger games. We survive off the money she won, otherwise -with such a big family - we wouldn't be even able to afford food.

I try to ignore them as I get dressed in my best clothes. My dress was Magnolia's when she was my age, it was the dress she was reaped in so I hope it isn't cursed. It's printed with orange, yellow and red leaves just like the leaves of autumn. I brush my auburn hair and ask Magnolia to plate two bits of hair and tie it back.

Once it's finished I look into the mirror in our room and my hair looks like a crown on top of my auburn curls. My green eyes stand out amongst my hair and she starts to weave flowers into my hair. The blonde natural highlights stand out in my hair. My auburn curly hair and green eyes run in my family and I've always loved it. Once I've finished getting ready I notice I'm the only one left in the room. 'They must have all left for breakfast' I think as I walk down the stairs. As soon as I make it to the kitchen I see that I'm right.  

Everyone is either eating breakfast at the table, making breakfast on the stove or just chatting to someone else. I take a seat in between my youngest sister Mazie, who is 3, and my younger brother Oak, who is 7, just as Magnolia hands me breakfast. I start tucking into my strawberries and oats and try to eavesdrop on the conversation going on between my Dad and my brother Ash.

I think they were arguing about the best weapon but everyone, including them, went silent at the sound of the whistle. It signals that we have to start making our way to the square for the reaping. Barker, Ash, Amber, Axel and I all stand up instantly. Lesley is the only one that looks slightly confident. Everyone makes their way to the door to walk to the square way.

We make our way down the path from the victors village to the town square. Amber is out in front leading us there even though we've walked there thousands of times. I try and keep Axel company and give him some encouraging words because he is pretty nervous seeing as its his first reaping.

**************************

Comment what you thought. 

Vote. 

Read on. 

Whatever you wanna do.

~S