Chapter Twenty

Sophie's Pov

Why did I get myself into this mess? Wringing my purse in my hands I pace back and forth in my bedroom. Tonight was the night of the reunion and I was starting to have second thoughts. Perhaps it would be better to just spend time at home with everyone and have a nice movie night or something.

A two-second knock precedes Levi's entrance, "Stop pacing, everything will be fine." His hand finds mine in a comforting hold.

I turn to him with a worried expression, "Oh you don't know that. What if these people are still out to get me? I mean they were absolute devils to me back in high school."

"Exactly, back in high school. You haven't seen them in almost a decade, I doubt they've been seething and waiting to humiliate you for almost ten years."

"Yeah, you're right." I laugh, "That does sound a little silly now that you mention it aloud."

Levi reaches over and places a kiss on my cheek, "Just hold your head high, you have nothing to be ashamed about."

Leaning against Levi, I close my eyes and take in the scent of my favorite cologne of his. "You smell nice." I murmur.

"I remembered this was your favorite. Do me a favor though and stop sniffing my neck." I step back from him and laugh nervously.

"Ah sorry, I didn't mean to be weird."

Levi picks up my phone and shoves it into the purse I was using for the night, "Are you ready to go? I figured we'd eat dinner and then go to reunion."

"You know they do have food there." I say.

His face screws up in disgust, "Yes, shit that is sub-par for even Americans."

"Hey now, easy there Frenchie, you do happen to be amongst a whole family of Americans here." Levi leans forward and pecks me on the corner of my lips to avoid messing up my lipstick.

"That was a compliment though."

"Yeah right, nice try." I laugh and pull him out of the bedroom.

Callum is waiting for us when we come out. He's leaning against the wall opposite the door with his arms crossed over his chest and a smirk on his face, "So..."

I smack my hand over his mouth, "Don't even start."

Callum yanks my hand from his mouth, "I was just going to say that my darling little sister looks beautiful tonight, very classy, just perhaps a higher neckl–"

"Y'know I thought you were actually going to be sentimental here for a moment, my mistake."

"I'm your older brother, I have to look out for you." He says. Levi touches my shoulder to let me know that we needed to go.

"Well we have to go, take care of my baby for me." I say. Callum nods and Levi and I start to head down the hallway. I sigh silently, that wasn't too bad, usually he was worse.

"Oh! One more thing!" He calls.

We turn back and Levi snatches something out of the air. We look at what's in his hand and I feel like crawling underneath the floorboards and dying right then. Just when I think my family can't get any worse I'm proven wrong.

Callum had thrown Levi a condom.

Callum offers a cheeky grin, "Safety first my darling, safety first." The blush on my face was probably enough to make a rose jealous.

"I hate you."

"Love you too baby sister." With a flippant wave he heads off down the hallway toward his room.