Chapter Nineteen

Sophie's Pov

Warm lips kissing up my neck are the first thing that I register. Taking in a deep breath my eyelids slide open, bleary from sleep. The next thing I take in is Levi's scent and the comforting warmth of him being close to me. I roll over and his lips capture mine. I smile and bring a hand up to cup his face.

"What are you doing?" I ask him when we break our kiss. I was still pretty sleepy from my impromptu nap.

"I came to wake you up, your mother asked me to. I think dinner is about to be put on the table." He says and places another kiss on my lips.

"Hm, you're being awfully affectionate, what's up?"

Levi shakes his head and sits up next to me, "Nothing, I'm just not used to having so many people around us at any given time. We haven't been alone since we got here."

I roll over and snuggle into his side. I drape my arm over his lap and grab his hand in mine, "We've only been here for one full day, don't tell me you've become so spoiled that you can't handle family time." I joke.

Levi is quiet for a moment as he starts to run his fingers through my hair, "I've never had to bother with 'family time'. The only time my family was together was when we had to make public appearances."

"That's sad, I'm sorry. Can you just put up with it for a few more days? I'm sure somewhere we'll get to have some alone time."

Levi taps the back of my hand and gets up, "Come on, they're going to start suspecting things if we don't get down there." He sighs.

I stand up and grab his hand in mine again. Levi gives it a comforting squeeze and opens the door. We go down the hallway to the stairs where Benji is standing at the bottom. He's grasping the banister as he tries his best to come climbing up the rest of the flight of stairs.

At the sight of the two of us his eyes light up. Benji takes one hand off of the banister and holds it out to us, his hand opening and closing. "Mama! Leevee!"

"Oh my god, Benji don't move!" I rush down the stairs and snatch him up in my arms. Benji was pretty proficient and walking but he still was pretty unbalanced. He managed to trip and fall all the time and if he took a tumble from the stairs that could be bad.

Benji, unaware of why I was so worried, laughs as he hugs me around the neck and holds out a hand once more to Levi. The man takes my son's hand in his and a small smile comes to his face before he lets go again.

"Holy hell Benji!" Erika and CeCe come to a stop in front of the two of us, out of breath.

Erika looks like she's about to die with her hands on her knees while CeCe simply breathes out of her mouth a bit heavier than normal.

"What happened? I thought you were watching my precious baby." I snap. I can't believe that they would let him get away from them like he did.

"Eh, well... you see... we kinda turned around for a minute and then when we turned right back around he was gone!" Erika pants.